• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brad

Mar 20, 2013
    Glen Arm
    Thanks for the help everyone, went to Cabelas in DE and played around with a ton and like the Citori 725 Sporting the best and went ahead picked it up. They had the price mislabeled as it was listed 100$ cheaper than their website and cash register rang it up for. Paid 2699 out the door which i felt was a pretty solid price.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Thanks for the help everyone, went to Cabelas in DE and played around with a ton and like the Citori 725 Sporting the best and went ahead picked it up. They had the price mislabeled as it was listed 100$ cheaper than their website and cash register rang it up for. Paid 2699 out the door which i felt was a pretty solid price.

725 is a nice gun, congrats!

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD

Nice. Had one for a while and liked it. Solid choice

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Repeating this for those who post I have XX and it shoots great.

SHOTGUNS MUST FIT THE SHOOTER. Unless two people are twins, they need to each shoulder/shoot various shotguns to see what works for them

I am also an NRA Shotgun Instructor and NSCA Level 1 Instructor.

A shotgun can also be made to fit a shooter. Custom/adjustable stocks would have to be unavailable for a Beretta before I ever thought about a Browning. lol

Every gun needs to feel "right" in the shooter's hands.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Disdain for Brownings, it's like a foreign language to me!..... I almost can't comprehend the words!

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies

WHAT BARREL LENGTH?

And, oh yeah, btw, :needpics:

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    A shotgun can also be made to fit a shooter. Custom/adjustable stocks would have to be unavailable for a Beretta before I ever thought about a Browning. lol

Yeah, it can......but when the Browning fits like a glove out of the box.....

Fabs just funnin'...I shot a Clays tourney one time with a guy who had just dropped a little over 10 grand on a new Krieghoff.....then put another 2 grand in it to have it fitted to him.....before he ever fired a shot through it!!! The worst part is this guy could run the course with a bag full of rocks!!!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

Congrats. Time to go shooting now.

The couple of times I have stopped in at Christiana, the gun selection was the best I have ever seen, with the only exception being the Beretta Gallery in Arlington/Alexandria.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

Yes, it can. But the bottom line is, it has to.

If you fit a Beretta, buy one and enjoy. If you fit a Browning, buy it and enjoy it.

If neither fit, get it fitted, buy and enjoy.

I pretty much fit a Browning 325 out of the box. Mine has had the stock bent slightly for a bit more cast off.

outobie

Mar 7, 2012
    Annapolis
    Yes, it can. But the bottom line is, it has to.

If you fit a Beretta, buy one and enjoy. If you fit a Browning, buy it and enjoy it.

If neither fit, get it fitted, buy and enjoy.

I pretty much fit a Browning 325 out of the box. Mine has had the stock bent slightly for a bit more cast off.

where can you get a gun fitted?

I just bought the Baretta as my first shotgun but now I believe it doesn't fit me well.

where can I go to get help fitting it?

I live near annapolis

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    where can you get a gun fitted?

I just bought the Baretta as my first shotgun but now I believe it doesn't fit me well.

where can I go to get help fitting it?

What are your symptoms (reason you believe it to be ill fitting?)

What do you see when you mount with what you think is your correct mount?

1) The whole rib
    2) One bead behind another (assuming a mid bead)
    3) Stacked beads
    4) Other

How forward are you into the stock?

scribe556

Apr 3, 2009
    That Silver Pigeon from Bass pro is a good deal, as is the CXS. Most people who handle both come away with a distinct preference. 12 gauge 30" barrels is a versatile all-arounder.

I went with a CXS Citori 28" in 20 Ga. Its a beauty and I tried the SP1 first at a trap/skeet place in NC. The CXS fits me better and I like how the 20 Ga. moves; its quick and has all of the clay busting power of my 12 Ga. for skeet and 5-stand. I kept an IC and MOD choke in it for 5-stand and it did just fine. I almost went 12-Ga, but I have many of those. I'm not recoil averse, I just wanted the variety. Had a CZ Canvasback that was built like a tank, but the quality, feel, balance, and fit on the CXS really struck me.

On another piece of 2nd hand info: a sales guy at one shop told me that Beretta hasn't really updated their O/U's in a long time; while on the other hand Browning (Miroku, Japan) has been continually moving their products forward.

Everyone will have the one that will be their "aha moment" of fit. Berettas are beautiful guns. For me, the Citori CXS at around 1750 was it. P.S. if you went Browning, the Midas Invector Plus chokes are around $38 each at Optics Planet. I bought a few more chokes for mine. It came with IC, M, F. I bought Skeet and IM to round it out for what I like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom