• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Actually they have a line called Syren for the ladies. It would be a great option if his budget would allow it.

https://syrenusa.com

Very nice--- seems we have a dealer locally in Hagerstown--Hendershot's. Can't say I want to dive right in to that price point if she isn't really going to enjoy the games but... I might could get her measured up there anyway. Thanks!

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    I have a Mossberg silver reserve ii in 20 gauge. It is a decent little shotgun. My fiancé is 5’3”-4” and she doesn’t seem to have any issues with it.

Thanks-- Looks like a fair option at a good price point. This makes the list for further consideration-- I appreciate the input!

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    Thanks-- Looks like a fair option at a good price point. This makes the list for further consideration-- I appreciate the input!

If you decide you want to try it out, let me know, I am in Frederick. I’m sure we can find a time to meet up so she can get a feel for the shotgun.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    Very nice--- seems we have a dealer locally in Hagerstown--Hendershot's. Can't say I want to dive right in to that price point if she isn't really going to enjoy the games but... I might could get her measured up there anyway. Thanks!

Hendershots caters more to rifle shooters. I’m not sure how helpful they would be with getting her fitted. I would recommend taking a drive up to Etchens. These people know target shotguns. He doesn’t seem to carry Caesar Guerini but he has a LARGE inventory of target shotguns and can help you get set up. He does have ladies models of Berettas (my recommendation) and Brownings.

https://www.joeletchenguns.com/about-joel-etchen-guns#

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Hendershots caters more to rifle shooters. I’m not sure how helpful they would be with getting her fitted. I would recommend taking a drive up to Etchens. These people know target shotguns. He doesn’t seem to carry Caesar Guerini but he has a LARGE inventory of target shotguns and can help you get set up. He does have ladies models of Berettas (my recommendation) and Brownings.

https://www.joeletchenguns.com/about-joel-etchen-guns#

From their website...Looks like a Friday road-trip worth taking-- much appreciated.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'm thinking something good/reliable enough for her to shoot it for awhile to see if she gets hooked should be available up to 1k-- for now.
    Used A400 Excel in 20g. She can shoot it for two years and it'll be worth the same as what you paid (around $1,200).

Last edited:

LRoberts

Retired Master General El
    Oct 22, 2017
    SM County
    Braintrust-

Looking for recommendations on a 20 gauge clay shottie for my wife...she's 5'4. First time I took her out for Trap (many years ago) she used my Ithaca Featherlite 12g and it didn't seem to bother her too much--she shot reasonably well. Fast forward many years later. I've tried to get her interested in joining me back out on the local Trap range--all I have for her to use is is a 12g Weatherby Orion O/U. She's been very frustrated at her lack of success in breaking the clays. I am hoping that getting her a right sized fit firearm would be one step in a process that would lead to better performance and increased desire to join me on the range. What say you all?

I like the 870.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom