• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eshoremd

May 22, 2014
    Pasadena
    Thanks for all the compliments.

It would mean a lot to me to take a Tom with this gun. Obviously its not my 70yrd scoped Moss 835 with win LB XR shells. I know I would have to be close and I'm confident I can make that happen.

I don't even know if they make a "legal" turkey shell for this gun. If I took it to Scott's and he gave it the green light and I found a shell that patterned well enough should I take the gun into the field? What would you guys do?

Obviously I don't want to damage the gun and would be extra careful with it but when you're out in the field theres always a chance that could happen.

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    Old guns can still take game. One of my Pieper Bayard Hammer guns with a pair of blacks

Attachments

• hammer ducks.JPG
      hammer ducks.JPG
      78.6 KB · Views: 129

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    Those shotguns are fantastic! The OP's grandfathers gun is outstanding in several ways. First aesthetically, first quality, secondly an heirloom. The guns I own that I will NEVER sell are those passed down to me. They will go to younger family members who share mine and my antecedents love of guns and admire a previous generations manufacturing skill and also the ability to produce art work out of blocks of steel and chunks of wood. If none exhist then a friend who shares these feelings.
    The guns I make or buy...they are on the chopping block. Though I try not to sell, as in a few cases, I find I really miss them, even if I didn't take them out to 'stretch their legs' often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom