• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Why would they try to discourage local sales? Doesn't make sense to me.

Didn't make sense to me either! I questioned them about it and their response was shall we say less that acceptable. To bad because they listed a number of things that I would have really bid on.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I didn't pay for a transfer, so I'm guessing if you buy a firearm and get it through Duffy's, you pay a $100 transfer fee. Which is their right to do. Most of my local dealers charge $25 or less.

Kevin

Manager at Duffy's
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2013
    Sparks, MD
    Hey guys!
    Kevin from Duffy's here. So we looked through the thread and I wanted to comment.

First, thanks to OP for the purchase and I'm glad that you're showing off your new guns and I hope they bring you continued joy.

Second, I wanted to say that while we've never charged the in state transfer fee described in our auctions for people who take transfer at our store, we did have a reason to have it listed. The last thing I want to do is be argumentative or try to discuss all the angles and weighing the pros and cons with this kind of stuff. We try to be considered and not make choices arbitrarily, and not make them out of disdain for the customer but to try to continue to do business as a small business in a besieged and regulated industry. But this thread got us to have this discussion again, and reconsider the reasons we have the policy. We have decided to withdraw the policy and will strike the language from gunbroker listings moving forward.

Last edited:

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Hey guys!
    Kevin from Duffy's here. So we looked through the thread and I wanted to comment.

First, thanks to OP for the purchase and I'm glad that you're showing off your new guns and I hope they bring you continued joy.

Second, I wanted to say that while we've never charged the in state transfer fee described in our auctions for people who take transfer at our store, we did have a reason to have it listed. The last thing I want to do is be argumentative or try to discuss all the angles and weighing the pros and cons with this kind of stuff. We try to be considered and not make choices arbitrarily, and not make them out of disdain for the customer but to try to continue to do business as a small business in a besieged and regulated industry. But this thread got us to have this discussion again, and reconsider the reasons we have the policy. We have decided to withdraw the policy and will strike it from gunbroker listings moving forward.

Thank you Kevin! You do put up some nice stuff from time to time.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    The superposed is wonderful. It shoots great and is quite fetching.

The Stoeger is something less. It shoots fine, I was doing well on the sporting clays field. I let a couple of guys try it out. They did better with the coach gun versus their fancy over unders. Alas, the barrels are under 23" long, so I was asked to take it to my car. I had fun, in spite of my Beretta falling apart.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Please explain?

I got to be a subversive and shot a 20" barreled shotgun on a round of sporring clays, did fairly well with it, and got asked to put it away as I was leaving because the barrel was too short. They have a minimum 23" minimum barrel length. I'm tempted to bring a 22.9" barreled shotgun and use it.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    I got to be a subversive and shot a 20" barreled shotgun on a round of sporring clays, did fairly well with it, and got asked to put it away as I was leaving because the barrel was too short. They have a minimum 23" minimum barrel length. I'm tempted to bring a 22.9" barreled shotgun and use it.

Are you calling the Stoeger a Beretta or did you have another gun? And yes, I know Stoeger is owned by Benelli which is owned by Beretta.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I brought two shotguns, a Beretta 391 and a Stoeger Coachgun. The Beretta's stock came off, as the bolt holding it on backed out. I came to shoot the Beretta and test the Stoeger.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Nothing broke, but I didn't have the tools available on the range to tighten up the bolt. By the time I got to the club house, the stock had fallen completely off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom