• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County

Gotta love that high-quality reporting. Is it, or is it not, about ammo? I didn't see that mentioned. Of course they do mention high capacity "clips" ... :sad20:

Also gotta love that "Disarm Hate" thing, where a misdemeanor conviction on a "hate crime" leaves you permanently prohibited. This of course leaves us wide open to any jurisdiction redefining "hate crime" to be any "thought crime" that ruffles the wrong feathers. We're already headed into territory where anybody who actually wants to own a gun is clearly mentally unstable, and probably a white nationalist. Or something.

I hope that despite Nadler's absurd theatrics, there are enough rational people in congress to realize this stuff is going to bite them in the upcoming elections. Then again, voters can be idiots, so who knows.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I'm sure that the house Democrats will all back something like this. I'm almost over worrying about this sort of stupidity because I've pretty much made up my mind that one way or another I'm done capitulating to unconstitutional infringements. WWNC.

BTW... I just came from a lunch where Steny Hoyer gave a speech (actually wasn't a bad speech, focused on space missions and American innovation)... I was literally 4 feet dead center in front of him and could have tossed him a dinner roll. I behaved myself.

Ranger Tom

Jan 28, 2013
    Woodsboro MD
    Gotta love that high-quality reporting. Is it, or is it not, about ammo? I didn't see that mentioned. Of course they do mention high capacity "clips" ... :sad20:

Also gotta love that "Disarm Hate" thing, where a misdemeanor conviction on a "hate crime" leaves you permanently prohibited. This of course leaves us wide open to any jurisdiction redefining "hate crime" to be any "thought crime" that ruffles the wrong feathers. We're already headed into territory where anybody who actually wants to own a gun is clearly mentally unstable, and probably a white nationalist. Or something.

I hope that despite Nadler's absurd theatrics, there are enough rational people in congress to realize this stuff is going to bite them in the upcoming elections. Then again, voters can be idiots, so who knows.

That "high quality reporting" is even in the local print articles. Must be the new method of journalism. I saw that there was no mention of ammo (except in the byline), and clips eventually did become magazines. I think that Nadler is doing this to take some the heat from his impeachment fiasco.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

Don't we already have a statute that defines saying nasty things about a legiscreature as hate speech?

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    there was a mention of an ammo ban, but no specifics.

The committee will vote to advance the ammunition ban measure on Sept. 4 and plans a Sept. 25 hearing on banning “military-style assault weapons,” Nadler said.

DontTreadOnMe

Dec 10, 2016
    Is it hate speech to accuse someone of being racist because of who they voted for, or because they own guns, or because they refuse to be slandered?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I think everyone here should call Nadler's office and ask why he's diverting any of his time away from impeaching the Evil Trump.

And recommend a good laxative for him because he always looks like he's constipated. With good reason.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I feel sad for the parents of a murdered child. I also feel sad for any grown adult who thinks there is a difference between 10-30 round magazines and 30-10 round magazines.

Attachments

• A41A9E92-EF6D-4E2F-9825-4F062C3183F0.jpg
      A41A9E92-EF6D-4E2F-9825-4F062C3183F0.jpg
      61.5 KB · Views: 180

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I feel sad for the parents of a murdered child. I also feel sad for any grown adult who thinks there is a difference between 10-30 round magazines and 30-10 round magazines.

The 10rd magazines make it less tragic.

My 2 are in elementary school, my oldest is even named Daniel. What happened at Sandy Hook is incomprehensible, to this day. If the school had an armed teacher or an armed resource officer many less children would have died.

There’s no controlling the mentally insane or the criminals unless we insist on locking them up and throwing away the key, in the meantime 2 rounds of 10mm to center mass seems like a good method to lessen the body count.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom