• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    The gerrymandering doesn't really impact the small-scale local elections that populate the state legislature. It, does, though, impact the way the state's federal congressional delegation is put together. But that's not what we're facing here.

It certainly does! I'm over in District 12 and while my area is very conservative, mostly blue collar/working class folks - Lansdowne/Arbutus, they drew the lines to include large chunks of upper middle-class liberal Catonsville and Columbia. Just look at our delegates and state senator - conservatives and Republicans need not apply because they don't stand a snowball's chance in Hell of getting elected until they redo the lines.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    It certainly does! I'm over in District 12 and while my area is very conservative, mostly blue collar/working class folks - Lansdowne/Arbutus, they drew the lines to include large chunks of upper middle-class liberal Catonsville and Columbia. Just look at our delegates and state senator - conservatives and Republicans need not apply because they don't stand a snowball's chance in Hell of getting elected until they redo the lines.

giphy.gif

Baltimore.jpg

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    Not enough votes to vote them out in their districts, if that was the case we would have already done that. In MD, Democrats outnumber Republicans 2-1, that is major advantage in sheer registered voters.Baltimore city alone sends 18 delegates. There's a reason why Democrats hold supermajorities in both chambers, get real man, you offer lost ideas.

I already have a clue about the voting statistics of this state so what would you suggest, quit and go hide in another state?

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Next election stack the (D) by running multiple candidates from MDS? Whose names on the ballot come before the incumbents + Operation DINO? Look at Ocasio-Cortex.

Just tossin' out ideas since demographics are against us.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    I'm late to this discussion but when I read the MSI post on FB, the civil disobedience hypothetical resonated with me. Not suggesting that the current approaches (e.g. testifying in Annapolis etc) be abandoned but I believe our only hope of stopping the impending doom is to adopt a different tactic. Clogging the highways by obeying the posted speed limit could be quite an attention-getter. Sure it would piss off many but it may also cause others, previously unaware of the thread by which their liberty hangs, to get involved.

You must have missed the news article about the woman driving 55 in the right lane, the speed limit, on Route 7 towards Tyson's about 20 or so years ago. She got a ticket from a Va State Trooper for impeding the flow of traffic.

Rob00taws6

Apr 4, 2013
    I think this is lost on a lot of people, on this site, simply because it is a generational thing. I don't think many over the age of 40 understand how effective YouTube and social media can be. Unfortunately, the companies know how effective it is and they stifle conservative communication.

A youthful injection into the 2A community is sorely needed as are voices from minorities and women. However, they need a backstop to fight the reprisal from their respective college/university. Too many stories of admin punishing kids for what they do on their own time.

The NRA has failed in their communication and outreach. I've been lambasted before for saying this but the fact is no one is listening to us old fat bearded white guys in cammo. We need diversity bad. Imagine a bunch of college / HS kids in business casual marching on Annapolis. It would turn heads. The status-quo needs to change. We need your help.

Let me talk to some my friends. This is one of those things I need to think about. At some point I’d like to get my butt in gear and up to Annapolis. That’s first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I think this is lost on a lot of people, on this site, simply because it is a generational thing. I don't think many over the age of 40 understand how effective YouTube and social media can be. Unfortunately, the companies know how effective it is and they stifle conservative communication.

A youthful injection into the 2A community is sorely needed as are voices from minorities and women. However, they need a backstop to fight the reprisal from their respective college/university. Too many stories of admin punishing kids for what they do on their own time.

The NRA has failed in their communication and outreach. I've been lambasted before for saying this but the fact is no one is listening to us old fat bearded white guys in cammo. We need diversity bad. Imagine a bunch of college / HS kids in business casual marching on Annapolis. It would turn heads. The status-quo needs to change. We need your help.

Kids have made their families Millionaires and full time businesses with "unboxing videos" Toy manufacturers inundate these kid youtubers with gratis toys to unbox and comment on in youtube videos.

As far as I see it, anyone over 50 pushing gun rights is seen as irrelevant. Double that if white. Makes me grin when I've seen cute girls in their 20's feign interest in the old farts gunz message on the street. The Hogg et al not even at 20yo yet will be running the show two decades out. It's their call, and I hope to be on a beach rather than Valhalla.

Fabs has a poll on how people vote. Looks as if near no one votes Democrat. People then wonder why 5000 at Annapolis does't work. Very very few of the rabble voted for the people making the laws. It's the money and votes that matter.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Kids have made their families Millionaires and full time businesses with "unboxing videos" Toy manufacturers inundate these kid youtubers with gratis toys to unbox and comment on in youtube videos.

As far as I see it, anyone over 50 pushing gun rights is seen as irrelevant. Double that if white. Makes me grin when I've seen cute girls in their 20's feign interest in the old farts gunz message on the street. The Hogg et al not even at 20yo yet will be running the show two decades out. It's their call, and I hope to be on a beach rather than Valhalla.

Fabs has a poll on how people vote. Looks as if near no one votes Democrat. People then wonder why 5000 at Annapolis does't work. Very very few of the rabble voted for the people making the laws. It's the money and votes that matter.

;)

We keep trying the same old thing, over and over again, expecting a different result.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    My 22yo with non-resident Permit would disagree with that . She makes some PP events, but alas is at work during the Hearings .

NoMoreTreadingOnUs

Apr 2, 2013
    Garrett County
    ;)

We keep trying the same old thing, over and over again, expecting a different result.

That was my point. The data suggest that we need to apply more force. 5,000 of us testifying/protesting in Annapolis didn't work last time and therefore unless something has fundamentally changed there's no reason to think it will work this time.

Now, 50,000 showing up may be a sufficient force to make a difference. Anyone here think we can get 50,000? When I signed the MSI petition this morning I was number 1400. For a petition.

If we can't get 50,000 there may be other ways to exert an equivalent force with fewer numbers, e.g. the example of clogging the roadways. A group of 5,000 driving the speed limit on 95 would be noticed in a big way. Probably at the national level.

All of the ideas suggested here are good and worth exploring for the long term. The immediate threat to our rights, however, is an extremely short term threat. We have weeks, not years.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Next election stack the (D) by running multiple candidates from MDS? Whose names on the ballot come before the incumbents + Operation DINO? Look at Ocasio-Cortex.

Just tossin' out ideas since demographics are against us.

I've heard worse ideas. It beats the hell out of some of the other hysterical alternatives.

Undermining from within is about the only choice we've got beyond fighting this kind of BS in the courts, yet, how many of 'us' are willing to step-up and denounce their conservative beliefs to pretend to be Democrats? That's asking a lot. Anyone who could pull that off, without spontaneously projectile-vomiting like Linda Blair in The Exorcist, would earn my utmost respect and support, that's for sure.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Everyone that has voted with their feet appear very content.

My 22yo with non-resident Permit would disagree with that . She makes some PP events, but alas is at work during the Hearings .

Well the 20 something pro 2A crowd better get in gear. I'd wager that group in my county is outnumbered incredibly by their peers.

Rob00taws6

Apr 4, 2013

Hickok45 on YouTube is not young by any stretch of the imagination! Seriously, I know everyone here has a smart phone and/or computer, look up “hickok45” watch his videos. He has over 3 million subscribers! It did not happen over night. It takes many years. I know a PatriotPicket channel would be beneficial. But, it needs to be brilliant. MSI formula for YouTube isn’t working.

Another note how many of us have contacted their local sheriff? It would be nice to see ho many take a stand like some Washington state sheriffs have done.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Hickok45 on YouTube is not young by any stretch of the imagination! Seriously, I know everyone here has a smart phone and/or computer, look up “hickok45” watch his videos. He has over 3 million subscribers! It did not happen over night. It takes many years. I know a PatriotPicket channel would be beneficial. But, it needs to be brilliant. MSI formula for YouTube isn’t working.

Another note how many of us have contacted their local sheriff? It would be nice to see ho many take a stand like some Washington state sheriffs have done.

H45 understands youtube and built a channel reviewing and shooting guns. Someone citing a generality doesn't exclude exceptions. Plenty of old people use youtube. The post upthread that older people "in general" may not be attuned to it's marketing power, I'd agree with. H45 channel is shooting guns first, 2A isn't the focus, but yes includes that message. Watch his video on what H45 and son think of 2A protests. He was then chastised, wtf does a youtube guy know.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    A group of 5,000 driving the speed limit on 95 would be noticed in a big way. Probably at the national level.

Allow me to tell you exactly how every Maryland liberal I know (and I am surrounded by them) would react to that. They would say, "I always knew these gun nuts were jerks, and they're proving it again. Can't wait until we finally get rid of them, their generation, all those evil guns, and the second amendment. Blocking roads and slowing down ambulances and making people late for work because they hate what the majority of the people in the state want just shows how irrational they are and that we're right to pass these laws."

Would all of that be hypocritical, coming from the progressives that own two thirds of the votes in this state? Of course. But that's exactly how it would be played. Doing things to piss of normal people doesn't make them like you or your message, not when they're already convinced you're dangerously wrong in your head in the first place. Blocking traffic doesn't make people suddenly learn history, see reason, and call their legislators asking them to change their mind on evil guns. It does the OPPOSITE. When most of the people in the state are convinced we're anachronistic would-be murderers with our weapons of war, going out of our way to show them we want them to have a crappy day on the beltway does ... what, exactly, besides convince them we're exactly as annoying as they already think we are?

These people understand one thing: litigation. That's their ballpark. That's how they see the world. That's where the fight has to be, while we plead with everything we have and support national political races in 2020 to keep Trump in office where he can continue to put constitutionalist judges on the bench. Our votes in Maryland will achieve nothing against the large demographic majority that run this state. Vote virtuously, but mostly - support key races in swing states, because that's where the fate of our republic hangs in the balance. And send money to groups like MSI so they can continue to press on in the courts.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Allow me to tell you exactly how every Maryland liberal I know (and I am surrounded by them) would react to that. They would say, "I always knew these gun nuts were jerks, and they're proving it again. Can't wait until we finally get rid of them, their generation, all those evil guns, and the second amendment. Blocking roads and slowing down ambulances and making people late for work because they hate what the majority of the people in the state want just shows how irrational they are and that we're right to pass these laws."

Would all of that be hypocritical, coming from the progressives that own two thirds of the votes in this state? Of course. But that's exactly how it would be played. Doing things to piss of normal people doesn't make them like you or your message, not when they're already convinced you're dangerously wrong in your head in the first place. Blocking traffic doesn't make people suddenly learn history, see reason, and call their legislators asking them to change their mind on evil guns. It does the OPPOSITE. When most of the people in the state are convinced we're anachronistic would-be murderers with our weapons of war, going out of our way to show them we want them to have a crappy day on the beltway does ... what, exactly, besides convince them we're exactly as annoying as they already think we are?

These people understand one thing: litigation. That's their ballpark. That's how they see the world. That's where the fight has to be, while we plead with everything we have and support national political races in 2020 to keep Trump in office where he can continue to put constitutionalist judges on the bench. Our votes in Maryland will achieve nothing against the large demographic majority that run this state. Vote virtuously, but mostly - support key races in swing states, because that's where the fate of our republic hangs in the balance. And send money to groups like MSI so they can continue to press on in the courts.

The fact that you used "normal people" to refer to the other side on this debate, really does irritate me. That implies that because I support the 2nd Amendment and/or that because I own guns, I am not "normal". Maybe it is because I go hunting and fishing that I am not normal, or because I ride my bike on the street or the trail while wearing spandex that I am not normal.

End of the day, I think we are ALL different, but unless we are mentally disturbed, we are ALL normal. Then again, those that are mentally disturbed probably view all of us as abnormal.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    The fact that you used "normal people" to refer to the other side on this debate, really does irritate me. That implies that because I support the 2nd Amendment and/or that because I own guns, I am not "normal". Maybe it is because I go hunting and fishing that I am not normal, or because I ride my bike on the street or the trail while wearing spandex that I am not normal.

End of the day, I think we are ALL different, but unless we are mentally disturbed, we are ALL normal. Then again, those that are mentally disturbed probably view all of us as abnormal.

It was meant to irritate you! I mean, not personally, between the two of us. But it was meant to illustrate how the state's vast liberal majority thinks. They do NOT consider us to be normal people, and certainly do consider themselves to be so, complete with their fear and hatred of gun ownership. That is what they think is normal, and why these sorts of laws are cheered on by most of the people in the state. That's the norm in Maryland, culturally, and hence (in that regard) defines normal. We're definitely not normal in that sense, and I share your irritation. I'll see your irritation and raise you.

"Normal" in this context refers to "average person sitting in stalled traffic on 95 because of someone's idea that making them late for work will make them fundamentally change their entire political world view." Calling for stunts like that always makes me ask the obvious question: would I change my mind and suddenly embrace liberal causes if a crew of liberal protesters made me late for a meeting with a client by clogging up the highway? Or would that stunt further galvanize me against their take on things?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

Youre just triggered ;)

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Everyone that has voted with their feet appear very content.

Well the 20 something pro 2A crowd better get in gear. I'd wager that group in my county is outnumbered incredibly by their peers.

I have a niece who is a first year student at a very large Midwestern university. She is conservative and is afraid to speak out. However, after half way through school she has found there are many more like her. The lib kids are just louder because the media and administration give them cover.

They need some cover to speak out but like many adults they have a lot to lose. Can't just run around screaming your head off, get arrested, and not have personal consequences. Same for them. Professors will know who they are and if you are in a class that has subjective grading you are going to get killed. The professors are lib dip $hit$ with no morals or ideas of fair play.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Yeah. I have a niece that teaches in MoCo public schools. I think she's developing scars from biting her tongue so often. Honestly, I think the stress of having to STFU around the highly politicized administration and union structure is actually getting to her. She still allows her rational sensibilities to shape, where she can, how she teaches. But the insane lefties that make up so much of the power structure in her profession truly do eclipse her every effort. I've asked her if she'd think of moving out of the county so she could teach in a different setting, and she clearly thinks about it every day. But she also hates the idea of giving up on it here where she grew up, despite feeling like a voice in the wilderness most days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom