30 Days till bow season starts. Are you ready?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I don't know, this is traditionally squirrel season for me. Hmm. Since carrying a both .22 and a bow for deer hunting is illegal, I guess it's time to pick up a couple judo points for my bow. I may as well multitask.

I keep two broad heads and four sharp field points in my quiver. Normal day is no Deer and about 5 tree rats. My morning and afternoon hunting trips always pay out 6 days a week.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    I gave up on the bags of ice several years ago. I now have a 4X8X10 walk in box with a Cool-Bot that keeps the walk in at a steady 38 degrees even on the hottest days. The walk in in 5 minutes from my tree stand. The problem is not the deer going bad, but, the hunter suffering in the heat with added gnats, mosquitoes, chiggers, and whatever else we can't see. What I need is an air conditioned bee keeper suit.

Thermocell!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I gave up on the bags of ice several years ago. I now have a 4X8X10 walk in box with a Cool-Bot that keeps the walk in at a steady 38 degrees even on the hottest days. The walk in in 5 minutes from my tree stand. The problem is not the deer going bad, but, the hunter suffering in the heat with added gnats, mosquitoes, chiggers, and whatever else we can't see. What I need is an air conditioned bee keeper suit.

get you a deer blind and put a window unit in...just remember to leave the generator outside...:lol2::lol2:

jac43k

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2010
    Taneytown, MD
    I'm very GREEN. This will be my first season. Earlier in the year I pick up a crossbow from a member here. I've been practicing twice a week on a block target. Will be headed to AGC for more practice from a platform.

upload pictures

Be Safe.

James

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I did get all of my gear loaded back in to my hunting vest this morning. Applied the waterproofing spray to my 14 year old hunting boots and got my Lure / Scent pads unwrapped and ready to dip in the bottles. I get 3 years worth out of one box...

Why buy 3 felt pads for $6.00 when you can get 25 for $1.06

Attachments

• SCENT PADS.jpg
      SCENT PADS.jpg
      34.7 KB · Views: 81

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I'm with SOMDSHOOT. Too damn hot. If I take one, it's too much of a rush to field dress, haul it out, and get it to a processor before it starts spoiling.

Freeze a bunch of quart bottles of water and stick them in a cooler. Shoot a deer, walk out to get the water and let the deer expire. Gut it out and stick the bottles in the chest cavity and drag it on out.

We used to do this for hogs in Texas and it works great.

It does suck sweating your a$$ off in a treestand though, no getting around that.

jac43k

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2010
    Taneytown, MD
    I did get all of my gear loaded back in to my hunting vest this morning. Applied the waterproofing spray to my 14 year old hunting boots and got my Lure / Scent pads unwrapped and ready to dip in the bottles. I get 3 years worth out of one box...

Why buy 3 felt pads for $6.00 when you can get 25 for $1.06

Sorry if it's dumb question. What do you dip the pads in?? buck or doe scent?? Or both?

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    craigslist

Mancheechee have you checked craigslist? Might be able to find a great deal.

James

you know,
    I have checked and asked people selling on Cglist and the models i want people are not budging on prices because they know the season is coming up. so that's why i decided to wait until the season is in or around the end of season to call and ask around shops or even cglisters to bring down their price.

i'm new at this and the few times i've shot, it was awesome. so i want to start off with a good bow from the get go.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Thermocell!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

+1 million. Thermacell is the stuff. :thumbsup:

I'm ready. Both bows shooting good (4") out to 45 yards, field points and broadheads. Need to wash up the clothes, though they're in scent free storage, but I'll do that the week before, and spray down with Permethrin.

MH

Kelson1066

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2012
    Frederick County
    I've got some pretty good groups 6" at 40 yards. I'm working on tracking the deer and rabbits in my back yard. Since I do spot and stalk my time has been spent getting my movements down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom