Anyone take a deer with a broken leg? how was the meat?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Someone needs to teach him to shoot the arrow at the deer and not the bow.:lol:

oops:o.. i did type that in reverse didnt i.. arrow stuck on its shoulder what i was trying to say.. :lol:

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    The injury is old and healed as evidenced by the weird left antler, which grew that way due to the right side injury. The unused damaged leg has atrophied muscle, but what is there is ok to eat. The rest of the meat is ok as well. The meat as a whole is only in question if there is a festering wound at the time of the kill, as such a wound may have developed gangrene which then gets into the bloodstream and can make all of the animal toxic.

Buff17, who did that mount? eeek!

:lol:+1 about the mount...sorry

Ive seen one where i hunt has a broke leg limping. same thing opposite side spike is messed up. Ive heard this from other hunters too...he looked like crap in july on game cam and i saw him once about 110yds or so this season. I would/will take him out if I can. he did look healthy apart from his messed up leg last time i saw him.

8milimeter

RICHARD (dino)
    Feb 15, 2009
    Frederick, Md
    About 15 years ago I shot a doe with a broken rear leg. It was dangling and had been that way for a long time. The muscle at atrified and was basically gone. Just bone and skin. The other hindquarter and shoulders were fine. I ate it !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom