• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Another fan of the Mueller APV here.....

Attachments

• 200yard target.jpg
      200yard target.jpg
      21.8 KB · Views: 157

Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    Well, of course I changed my mind again... I feel like a woman shopping for shoes :lol2:

I settled on the Mueller brand since so many of you seem happy with it and I read good reviews else ware also. I went for the 4-16x50 AO with mil-dot from JoeBobOutfitters.

Thanks for the input guys.

IMO, BDC reticles for certain calibers are so hard to get "perfect" with all the tons of variations of ammo out there you will still be using kentucky windage.
    BDC is intended for hunting. Even then, it's a good idea to work out the actual distances for your gun and ammo. Nikon has an app for that, but you still should have a chronometer. Nice thing about the app is that it works things out for each magnification (only Nikon scopes, of course).

Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    So I got the Mueller

Thanks to the recommendations from the members I went with the Mueller scope. I am quite happy with it. It looks a little large (with sunshade) on my carbine length zimmerman... :lol2: Service from JoeBob was excellent. I f-ed up and put the wrong scope in my shopping basket but that was quickly fixed with no hassle from customer service.
    So here are a couple of photos of my new rig ready for action against the hoards of squirrels that rape and pillage my bird feeders. Yes I know I need a real bi-pod.

IMGP2830.jpg
    IMGP2831.jpg

I was hoping the super collibri ammo would be accurate out to my 50 yard varmint harvesting area but that would have been too convenient :sad20: Guess I still need a suppressor.

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    I have a BSA sweet 17 scope and use it to shoot golf balls at 100 yds. with my .22. It is clear and has a lot of light. I actually prefer it to the Redfield scope on my other rifle. It is brighter and clearer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom