• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    But does he think "carry" in general does or just "concealed " carry?
    or
    Was he just giving them something they could think on.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Kavanaugh stated repeatedly in his various question and answer sessions with the senate that he relied on Supreme Court precedent as the basis for his answers. In this video clip he was stating that in the Heller case the court found that there can be restrictions on some weapons and circumstances for who can carry. He was not stating his personal option in that clip. It would have played right into Feinstein’s hands to do so.

Frankly we do not know how he would rule if a CC case made its way to SCOTUS.

I don’t read much into this clip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Kavanaugh stated repeatedly in his various question and answer sessions with the senate that he relied on Supreme Court precedent as the basis for his answers. In this video clip he was stating that in the Heller case the court found that there can be restrictions on some weapons and circumstances for who can carry. He was not stating his personal option in that clip. It would have played right into Feinstein’s hands to do so.

Context matters. He was referring to the Heller decision.

Can’t be forgotten that the circuit that he just left did find May-Issue (‘good cause’, ‘good and Substantial’) unconstitutional in Wrenn.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD

And this is why I'm reserved about him. Just like Trump - I told my wife that Killary was a "known", but Trump was unknown - so far, he's turned out much better than any politician. Here's hoping that Kavanaugh, a Constitutionalist, will side for the 2A.

I'm certainly glad he's on the bench than anyone Killary would have nominated...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    As long as Carry is deemed Constitutional, and the method left up to the states, that's fine by me. I'd love to walk around here with my gat on my hip for the Bolsheviks to go apoplectic over.

But we know that won't happen in MD.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    As long as he believes the original intent of the constitution is what matters he will rule in favor of the second amendment no matter what his personal view is. He could rule against concealed but only if open was allowed because bear means bear. And I look forward to see how his balancing of "some restrictions" per Heller prescident vs "shall not be infringed" per the original document is worked out.

Last edited:

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I think it's hard to make the argument that the Second Amendment does cover concealed carry. There were certainly laws of that time that placed restrictions on when and how arms could be carried.

I think it has to cover open carry though. And if that's the case, all states will pass concealed carry because they would prefer not to see a bunch of people with guns on their hips.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Well at least he believes ar15s cannot be banned because they are in common use

15 words that may not raise an eyebrow here but which encapsulate why the Left remains willing to sell their souls, to prevent a conservative SCOTUS ... the post-battle pain being felt by the likes of Soros, etc. is hard to imagine, outside those circle$. And yet, another vacancy battle looms just over the horizon ...

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    15 words that may not raise an eyebrow here but which encapsulate why the Left remains willing to sell their souls, to prevent a conservative SCOTUS ... the post-battle pain being felt by the likes of Soros, etc. is hard to imagine, outside those circle$. And yet, another vacancy battle looms just over the horizon ...

In another thread I made the argument that this whole furror over Kavanaugh wasn't really about Special K. It was about "another vacancy battle [that] looms just over the horizon." Every day I am more and more convinced that this is accurate.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co

I think it has to cover open carry though. And if that's the case, all states will pass concealed carry because they would prefer not to see a bunch of people with guns on their hips.

Note that, in Federal Court, MD Attny General Gansler argued that MD allows long gun open carry so CCW is not needed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    In another thread I made the argument that this whole furror over Kavanaugh wasn't really about Special K. It was about "another vacancy battle [that] looms just over the horizon." Every day I am more and more convinced that this is accurate.

Absolutely. It was about that AND about getting people riled up to vote against an administration which, aside from a few bumps in the road, has been rather successful at attaining their stated goals. Their "Blue Wave" had trickled down to nothing but a few lackluster ripples and they needed to get their base charged to actually turn up at the polls on Nov. 6th.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Note that, in Federal Court, MD Attny General Gansler argued that MD allows long gun open carry so CCW is not needed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Except, as the Smiegel video from a few years ago shows, that a long gun carry right doesn't exist in practice. So that point needs to be made next time there's a challenge in the 4th.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Except, as the Smiegel video from a few years ago shows, that a long gun carry right doesn't exist in practice. So that point needs to be made next time there's a challenge in the 4th.

And the point that "long guns only" excludes a whole class of commonly owned fire arms.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland

The left is afraid, very afraid of a second Trump term. This would give Trump at lease one more appointment in his second term. I believe there is another appointment in the next two years, before the 2020 election. This is what the left is afraid of, elections have consequences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom