• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    Just wondering of course. Did the law recently change surrounding 80% lowers for pistols or rifles? I had heard they now require a federal serial number. Is that correct? Is that retroactive to already completed units?

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Just wondering of course. Did the law recently change surrounding 80% lowers for pistols or rifles? I had heard they now require a federal serial number. Is that correct? Is that retroactive to already completed units?

No. Nothing has changed federally or in MD around 80% lowers.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Not yet but in md the dems have 80’s and possession of mags over 10 rounds in their sights for next session

Hopefully it goes no where

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Nothing has currently changed. Be ready to come to Annapolis in the winter and spring, however...

Rabu Rabu

Operatoroperatoroperator
    Sep 10, 2012
    Cambridge, MD
    Not yet but in md the dems have 80’s and possession of mags over 10 rounds in their sights for next session

Hopefully it goes no where

I'm doubtful of anymore pressure on possession of magazines after the California injunction on the very same. 80%'s could be a very real issue though.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I'm doubtful of anymore pressure on possession of magazines after the California injunction on the very same. 80%'s could be a very real issue though.

The dems try mag possession bills ever session, I don’t see them stopping

And they are talking about banning 80’s as we type, it’s more than on their radar

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert

There was injuction on the magazine possession ban but I don't think there was injuction on the 80% ban.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    The gun grabbing control freaks can and will infringe all they want. Compliance is our decision.
    My views on 80% lowers have remained the same, build them now while you still can!

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    I hope they do ban possession. More court cases to send to their new buddy Kavanaugh. Let's feed this newly minted conservative court as many anti gun laws as we can while we still have control.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    I hope they do ban possession. More court cases to send to their new buddy Kavanaugh. Let's feed this newly minted conservative court as many anti gun laws as we can while we still have control.

I will not "hope" for any more infringement, but when I testify and the inevitable gun laws this MGA session I will be asking if they really want to risk a supreme Court smackdown with nation wide application.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    It does change the dynamic big time. Even before Kennedy’s retirement, Frosh influenced DC’s decision not to appeal Wrenn.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016

Well if they ban 80% they have to draw a line somewhere or else possession of a block of aluminium and "intent" is all you need. I am sure you can find plenty of anti-gun folks who have access to a drill press, a chunk of metal, and looked up info on AR's online. Clearly they intended to make a rifle and use it for evil, why else would they google AR-15s and gun violence all day?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Well if they ban 80% they have to draw a line somewhere or else possession of a block of aluminium and "intent" is all you need. I am sure you can find plenty of anti-gun folks who have access to a drill press, a chunk of metal, and looked up info on AR's online. Clearly they intended to make a rifle and use it for evil, why else would they google AR-15s and gun violence all day?

They don't care.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    They don't care.

Yep and it is disgusting. Might just have to ban aluminium outright. If something like passed it sure would be a shame if all those anti-gun folks with access to tools and metal got reported to law enforcement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom