• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Will be very interesting reading IMHO once the Petition for a Writ of Certiorari before SCOTUS is publish. I hope it will make it thru conference at SCOTUS and cert is granted as well.

Let’s hope that Kavanaugh is seated by the time this one makes it to conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Will be very interesting reading IMHO once the Petition for a Writ of Certiorari before SCOTUS is publish. I hope it will make it thru conference at SCOTUS and cert is granted as well.

They may want to hurry up and try to file early and draw SCOTUS' attention away from Rothery.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    It seems safe (no pun intended) that NJ or NY will likely include a risk balancing act as part of their argument. I wonder how that argument would work if I applied for a non-resident NJ permit and expressly stated that I had no intention of entering the state of NJ. Ever. My purpose in applying for the permit would be to enable me to conceal carry in Minnesota where they do accept NJ, but don’t accept VA CCLs? Seems like NJ would get my application $ to fund a highly effective “gun safety” initiative and simultaneously never have to worry about me entering their state with a free thought. What’s not to like?

Pope414

Has anybody heard anything about when Rogers .v N.J is suppose to go to confrence? I have been looking but haven't heard a peep in months...I'm really surprised there hasn't been any news articles on it. I live in N.J and not a word anywhere....not even in the local wall nj news sites ( patch, News 12, Asbury park press ) nothing

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Thanks for some reason I thought it was already filed. I thought they had 30 days from the day of the denial ruling.. Thanks for the info

90 days from the mandate being issued, which was a month after CA3 ruling since they didn't ask for en banc.

Pope414

It's just my opinion but I have a really strong feeling that it will be extreamly hard for the SCOTUS to ignore this issue with the clear splits,multiple suits. Justices Thomas & Gorsuch all but calling out the SCOTUS as judicial cowards for not addressing the issue in the past when strong cases were presented ( Drake & Perulta). I also believe it would be karma for it to be a New Jersey case that removes the justifiable need requirement after the shenanigans the state of New Jersey pulled during the drake case claiming that an identical case was pending in the state Supreme Court only to dismiss it as in Improvidently granted after Drake was denied Cert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom