• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    So I read all of the guidance from UPS on how to package and ship a shotgun for warranty work; back to the brand's importer in another state.

Any gotcha's concerning Maryland law though, if there are any?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Ship it in a cheap hardside padded case. Put the case in a box. If you don't the chance of damage is pretty high.

There is no gotchas in MD law, just be sure to declare what it is when you ship.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Just make sure you go to a UPS hub and not a UPS store. You will need to declare its a firearm and also provide a copy of the recipients FFL to UPS.

I shipped a long gun a few months ago for repair and it was really pretty simple

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Just make sure you go to a UPS hub and not a UPS store. You will need to declare its a firearm and also provide a copy of the recipients FFL to UPS.

I shipped a long gun a few months ago for repair and it was really pretty simple

I need a copy of the importer's (recipients) FFL to ship a shotgun (or long gun) back to them?

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I need a copy of the importer's (recipients) FFL to ship a shotgun (or long gun) back to them?

UPS in Frederick requires it. I just assumed that all of them did. It was no issue getting it from the manufacture, they said it was very common. In fact, one of the Ceracoat companies that I’ve used in Florida puts their FFL on their website so you can download it and print it to ship guns to them

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    When I had to send my Stoeger O/U back to them, THREE TIMES!, all I did was pack in the box it came in and put the label they supplied on it. No problems.

Scrounger

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    Per federal law there is no requirement to have a license to ship a firearm from an individual to a firearms manufacturer. Nor is there any contravening law in Maryland. If you still have the original box I would ship it in that box, placed in another box. If you don’t have the original box I would use one of the inexpensive plastic cases instead. Also place a copy of the from and to inside the inner box. As already stated I would not place any markings on the outside to indicate what is in it.

If you don’t already have an account with UPS, you can go online (UPS.com) and take care of everything. Just box it up, set up an account, print a label and tape the label on the package and your good to go. Then give it to any UPS driver you see, drop it off at any UPS building or UPS store.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Thanks again. All of you. :thumbsup:

First time I’ve ever let one of my firearms slip out of my loving arms and into commercial package delivery services. I hope to see it again. :ohnoes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom