• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I'll get to the range again today or tomorrow. First attempt will be to adjust my point of aim and see what happens. Next attempt will be to get someone else to shoot it.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    What kind of ammo are you using? Lighter, faster ammo prints lower, but I don't think it should be that low. My mouse fart 147gr 9mm loads print a little high at normal distances with my OEM Glock night sights. They actually have a perfect 100yd zero.

My friends usually have good results with Ameriglo. I would think that the sight heights are correct, since that's a critical part of the sight.

I'm not likely to reach for a handgun first if the target is at 100 yards. I have to come to a working arrangement with the Glock that gives me accuracy at 7-10 yards. If that means aiming 6" high, so be it.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I'll get to the range again today or tomorrow. First attempt will be to adjust my point of aim and see what happens. Next attempt will be to get someone else to shoot it.

OK. The good news is I got to the range and identified the problem. The bad news is I am the problem. The shooter next to me was consistently tearing out the bulls eye at 7 and 10 yards, so I asked him to fire five rounds with my pistol. He put four rounds on top of each other about an inch above the 1 inch bull and one in the bull. Back to the basics for me.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    OK. The good news is I got to the range and identified the problem. The bad news is I am the problem. The shooter next to me was consistently tearing out the bulls eye at 7 and 10 yards, so I asked him to fire five rounds with my pistol. He put four rounds on top of each other about an inch above the 1 inch bull and one in the bull. Back to the basics for me.

That is one of the best things I learned way back. Then I KNEW where effort was needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom