• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheSwiftOne

Nov 24, 2008
    25 - 200 wide open

...wear boots though. A couple of spots on the walking path to the targets were filling up as the snow melted. My tennis shoes weren't cutting it. Otherwise everything was great.

Ieatpeople

Dec 15, 2009
    i was there last saturday and the path downrange wasn't too bad, has it gotten worse since then?

TheSwiftOne

Nov 24, 2008
    i was there last saturday and the path downrange wasn't too bad, has it gotten worse since then?

This was my first time going since the snow so couldn't say. People with boots didn't mind the water. It really wasn't deep. It's just a heads up for people like me who went with tennis shoes that leak and act like a sponge. I certainly don't want to deter anyone from going. Just be prepared.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Anyone going tomorrow (3/6/2020) ? It's been too long for me and I have a year membership there I haven't made the best of. Chances are I'll be the dork there wearing a MD shooters gray hoodie.

TripleChris

Apr 10, 2009
    Pasadena, MD
    I didn't wear boots yesterday and it was a muddy mess. Crowded too, but as always a fun place to shoot. Can't wait for the sun to come and dry this muck out.

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Had a great day at Hap today. Didn't recognize any fellow Maryland shooters though :(. Put another 200 rounds through the 5906 without incident, it has proved itself. Put just a few through the Skeeter after it had jamming problems out of nowhere last trip, guess it was just dirty (and it was).

A day at the range with no malfunctions, decent accuracy, and a wife that rubs in every bullseye she hits. Good day!

Now she really wants an MKII with a scope....thanks Bill.....

Splitter

disco dan

Car Nut
    Feb 23, 2010
    went today stayed for like an hour put about 200 rounds through the AR. it was my first time going to hap baker. its a very nice range i like the spotting scopes

1874sharpsshooter

Feb 1, 2009
    cape coral, florida
    Had a great day at Hap today. Didn't recognize any fellow Maryland shooters though :(. Put another 200 rounds through the 5906 without incident, it has proved itself. Put just a few through the Skeeter after it had jamming problems out of nowhere last trip, guess it was just dirty (and it was).

A day at the range with no malfunctions, decent accuracy, and a wife that rubs in every bullseye she hits. Good day!

Now she really wants an MKII with a scope....thanks Bill.....

Splitter
    sorry about that man lol

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    ....and then you confirmed that the rear sights on the 5906 need to be drifted left. I bought the gun and shoot it fine, she CONFISCATED my gun and shoots it to the right. You confirmed that it shoots to the right lol. Now I have to drift the sights for her tastes.

She wants your .22, your 92, Apones's .40, Apone's Sig, Kac's HK, a Saiga shotty, and a LadySmith. I may never get to buy another gun.

The only guns I can truly call mine are the ones she hates. Not fair :). My next gun may have to be a .50 cal.

New rule: No offering to let Splitter's wife shoot their guns without an approval nod from Splitter :).

BTW, thanks for running such a tight ship there. I don't want to shoot anywhere else. Once you install the escalator to the parking lot I may live there.

Splitter

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    How crowded does Hap Baker get on Fridays? There are a number of friends from school who want to go shooting, and I was thinking of taking them there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom