• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    The la Plata Wal-Mart sells it. Not sure about the others in the area.

Anyone who sells hunting licenses can print the MG permit. If you have a compass account with DNR you can print it at home.

And the end of July wasn't the last day to buy a permit. It was the last day that the prior permits were valid.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Anyone who sells hunting licenses can print the MG permit. If you have a compass account with DNR you can print it at home.

And the end of July wasn't the last day to buy a permit. It was the last day that the prior permits were valid.

then that has changed i know you could only get the MG 1 year permit at Dicks in Waldorf couldn't get it at cali store and it used to exp.Aug. if you purchased a one year in July it was no good in aug. but i stopped shopping at Dicks so it could have changed

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I buy my Myrtle Grove yearly permits at Walmart, at the sporting goods counter, when I can find an employee with the keys to the ammo cabinets. Think all Walmarts that sell fishing licenses also can sell the permits.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Why not just go on line and buy it then print it off your self. Make a few copies. Keep one in your wallet and one in your range bag so you always have one.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    then that has changed i know you could only get the MG 1 year permit at Dicks in Waldorf couldn't get it at cali store and it used to exp.Aug. if you purchased a one year in July it was no good in aug. but i stopped shopping at Dicks so it could have changed

If you buy your permit in June, it expires in July. So it's important to buy the permit after the cutoff so it's valid for the next year.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    Why not just go on line and buy it then print it off your self. Make a few copies. Keep one in your wallet and one in your range bag so you always have one.

This is what l have done ever sense the service has been offered on-line. Once you open an account, you can get all MD fishing/hunting license and DNR permits on-line. Sometimes MD gets it right, not often, but sometimes...:lol:

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    LOL, for the second year in a row I got there the first few days of August and had an "Oh crap, it's August!" moment!

Oh well, $5 took care of it for the day.

Feeding teenaged boys is $$$ but feeding their ammo habit is $$$$!

Attachments

• 20180802_094441.jpg
      20180802_094441.jpg
      139.5 KB · Views: 696

Outerlimits

Feb 21, 2009
    Port Tobacco/Cape Coral Fl
    Its not just their....both ranges I shoot at here in Fl are indoor. Both have had people walk in and commit suicide on the firing line. Young guy rents a gun, shoots the target with one mag, shoots himself in the head with the second. Makes no since. The other range had similar experience. Guy rented a gun walked in to the range and offed himself. Second range changed its rental policy. Now they wont rent guns to people who don't bring a gun into the range. First range still rents guns to anyone with money. Ro tells me that they watch middle age white guys real hard. Statistic show they are the ones most likely to try something.
    Shot at MG from 1992 to 2012 had seen a lot their, had my share of talks with new shooters, and those who just don't care. Lived 5 min. away, I would just pack up and leave, come back at a later time. If I didn't like the mix of people. Never felt any safer any were else. The outdoor range here in Fl. Cecil B Webb, https://everythingpuntagorda.com/cecil-m-webb-public-shooting-range-punta-gorda/
    is a great facitlity with full time RO's I see just as much here as I did at MG with no real RO. Dan tries, but he cant be every where.
    I believe the 2nd Amendment protects the right for everyone to own firearms. That said......their are just some folks that have no business owning them. Just because they can.....doesn't mean they should.

SoMDSlugger

Jul 20, 2018
    The problem with MG is it has never had a RSO and though so many guys try to play the role, they really don't have the experience or time to do it full time.

The range is closed today from 2PM to 5PM as well. They are doing some shooter proficiency thing for the DNR hunting permits or something.

moose&squirrel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 25, 2018
    Was out at MG today and it was uncrowded...nice small group of guys shooting...wasted 300 rounds of .22LR ammo , but left earlier than I wanted because it was hot as Hades there. Entrance road from the state highway is "lumpy..." BTW, there is a good Greek restaurant in the Route 301 shopping center just north of the state road...called Galazio. 6223 Crain Hwy, La Plata, MD 20646

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom