• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Just now in the White House briefing, Sarah Sanders indicated that POTUS is happy with a bit of delay on this, for review, and that he's sticking with support for the long-standing law against the possession of "wholly plastic guns." Didn't get into designs, files, blueprints, or any of the other buzzwords being passed around.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    If you want a simple illustration of what this argument is about here is what you do.

On a piece of paper draw a 1" X 1" square with dimensions. (This is your "blue print")

An illustration on a piece of paper is protected by free speech even if it is a picture of something we don't like.

Ask if anyone has an objection of someone giving away "blue prints" i.e. dimensioned drawings for something to build.

Take out an Etch-A-Sketch and ask them if they can draw what is on the "blue print".
    https://www.amazon.com/Etch-A-Sketch-20083952-Classic/dp/B00000J0HG

On another piece of paper write instructions for drawing a 1" square (you will have to figure out the actual number of turns depending on your Etch-A-Sketch):

Turn right knob 10 turns clockwise.
    Turn left knob 10 turns clockwise.
    Turn right knob 10 turns counter clockwise.
    Turn left knob 10 turns counter clockwise.

Instructions written on a piece of paper are protected by free speech.

Ask if anyone has an objection of someone giving away instructions for how to build something.

The "Code" Cody Wilson wants to give away is nothing more than the instructions for how to build something that is illustrated on "blue prints" that are available to the public. The "Code" is nothing more than the dimensions on the "blue prints" translated into language a machine can understand along with the instructions of which way to turn the knob.

Of course someone will say but it's for a GUN so the discussion becomes where you draw the line. Forged In Fire gives instructions on how to build "Arms" on television. People build homemade boats, automobiles, and airplanes and many more people die in transportation accidents than are killed by guns.

Should a book on how to build a flintlock rifle be banned?
    https://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categories/PartDetail.aspx/321/3/BOOK-RAL

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    So it's in G-Code or whatever "Ghost Gunner's" format is?

So assume it's not in standard G-Code, nor if you knew whatever the creator's zero reference was, it would be even more useless?

No, it's in Solidworks Part file format (sldprt). It is a solid model describes the part.

The "Ghost Gunner" is a horizontal milling type machine that uses G code. You need a CAM program to convert the solid model into G code.

You would also need a separate program to convert the solid model into a 3D printer format.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    No, it's in Solidworks Part file format (sldprt). It is a solid model describes the part.

The "Ghost Gunner" is a horizontal milling type machine that uses G code. You need a CAM program to convert the solid model into G code.

You would also need a separate program to convert the solid model into a 3D printer format.

I use Windows text editor for basic stuff. No reason I couldn't for a gun. I used BobCAD to draw the 80% AR firing pocket, again no reason I couldn't on graph paper. It's just 2.5d work.

Heck, a breech block pistol doesn't need prints, just a little imagination.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    This case will be of great interest to the Senate, particularly Democrats, during Kavanaugh's SCOTUS nomination hearings.

(Unless another shiny object pops up to capture their attention).

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    This case will be of great interest to the Senate, particularly Democrats, during Kavanaugh's SCOTUS nomination hearings.

(Unless another shiny object pops up to capture their attention).

I think they’ll be disappointed. Since litigation is ongoing, he’ll be unlikely to answer I think. Gorsuch refused some questions that had to do with current cases.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Yes, but they probably won't pass up any opportunity to try. Illegal immigration, abortion, and gun control are among the hot buttons to push during the hearings just before the election.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom