• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jlowe23

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2014
    Cecil County
    I have CONFIRMED with Maryland State Police that the Colt LE6920SOCOM is not banned. It is on the banned list you say? This model now has the 14.5 inch SOCOM barrel with the 1.5 inch flash hider. This is the exact same barrel that is on the Colt LE6920HBPW which is also compliant. Even on Colt’s website the model LE6920SOCOM is listed as a heavy barrel.

I have these currently available. Check them out here:

http://store.jlowesguns.com/rifles/...e6920socom-556-nato-161-bbl-troy-rail-1523082

I am certain they will move very fast.

**Back In Stock**

Last edited:

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Damn! To think I just bought the LE6920HBPW to make it a LE6920 SOCOM!

When will MDSP change the ruling online? On their website it still shows it as banned as of 2/28/2018

jlowe23

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2014
    Cecil County
    *Addendum

I spoke with SGT Pickle at MSP licensing division about this rifle in depth. He even went to Colts website to verify the characteristics of the rifle. He repeatedly stated that this model is Maryland compliant. I am working on getting that information put in writing.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    *Addendum

I spoke with SGT Pickle at MSP licensing division about this rifle in depth. He even went to Colts website to verify the characteristics of the rifle. He repeatedly stated that this model is Maryland compliant. I am working on getting that information put in writing.

Makes sense. Afaik the only difference between le6920hbpw and le6920 socom are m4a1 marked lower vs m4 carbine marked lower, rail vs a2 handguards, and matech buis vs magpul mbus. Same barrel and same rifle though.

I’ll have to see if I can grab that KAC M4 RAS through your new site John! Then I can get this closer to an M4 clone

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    "The Colt M4A1 SOCOM Carbine returns for 2018. This classic US Military Reproduction closely replicates the markings and configuration of the M4A1 SOCOM Carbine. The lower receiver features PROPERTY OF THE US GOVT, M4A1 CARBINE, and CAL. 5.56 MM. The barrel is a true SOCOM 14.5 heavy barrel with the iconic M203 flats under the Knights Armament Rail System. Extended flash hider has been pinned and welded to achieve a non-NFA length of 16.1". Includes the side sling swivel at the gas block and an ambidextrous safety selector. This reproduction is sure to turn heads."

From the Colt site.

https://www.colt.com/detail-page/colt-ar-15-socom-carbine-223556-161-301-knights-rail-forend

aklax11

Jan 8, 2015
    "The Colt M4A1 SOCOM Carbine returns for 2018. This classic US Military Reproduction closely replicates the markings and configuration of the M4A1 SOCOM Carbine. The lower receiver features PROPERTY OF THE US GOVT, M4A1 CARBINE, and CAL. 5.56 MM. The barrel is a true SOCOM 14.5 heavy barrel with the iconic M203 flats under the Knights Armament Rail System. Extended flash hider has been pinned and welded to achieve a non-NFA length of 16.1". Includes the side sling swivel at the gas block and an ambidextrous safety selector. This reproduction is sure to turn heads."

From the Colt site.

https://www.colt.com/detail-page/colt-ar-15-socom-carbine-223556-161-301-knights-rail-forend

"Unfortunately" if you're a cloner, the troy quad rail has been more commonly sold instead of the Knights quad rail

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    "Unfortunately" if you're a cloner, the troy quad rail has been more commonly sold instead of the Knights quad rail

But the barrel profile is what mattered on the Colt HBAR. So, 14.5 with a pinned and welded flash hider that follows Colts profile is also legit? Throws an interesting curve toward what i'd love to build next. Just not a big fan of my 16" heavy barrel.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    That’s a good price. I paid $1450 a few weeks ago. And mine did come with the KAC rail. I was looking for the HBPW but this is what my LGS was able to get. Very happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom