• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    Welcome to friendly Carroll County. Sounds like you have the answers you need regarding the firearms.

Regarding your commute: My wife and I moved to Carroll about 20 years ago with the same situation - wife in Baltimore and me in DC (we came from Ohio). She drove to Owings Mills for the train, and I drove into DC. Now she goes to Ft Meade for work and I take the MARC from Savage.

If you can swing the MARC train, it makes commuting much easier depending on where you work in DC. If metro (subway) becomes a big part of it then all bets are off. Metro sucks. What part of DC are you working in? Do you need your vehicle?

98Volvo

Apr 18, 2018
    I finally arrived in State. Registering my firearms that require registering this morning and I found on the MSP website under reviewed firearms that the Colt LE6920 SOCOM is listed as banned as a copycat. Date of review is 2/28/2018. I bought this rifle in March of 2013. Am I correct in assuming I should register it now? It was advertised as having a heavy barrel when I bought it but it is not stamped. Here is a link to what I found on the MSP website. Scroll down and click on Colt. http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizati...LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If you legally possessed it before 10-1-13 it’s legal regardless of barrel profile

Register it and you are GTG

IANAL

98Volvo

Apr 18, 2018
    If you legally possessed it before 10-1-13 it’s legal regardless of barrel profile

Register it and you are GTG

IANAL

Thanks. Earlier in the thread, I was advised that it did not require registering because of the advertised heavy barrel. I was leaning towards registering it anyway but didn't want to if I didn't have to.

Thanks. Earlier in the thread, I was advised that it did not require registering because of the advertised heavy barrel. I was leaning towards registering it anyway but didn't want to if I didn't have to.

The most effed up things about our effed up gun laws are the laws somehow are open to interpretation by the state police. There is no rhyme or reason to their decisions.
    Unfortunately, I agree to the go ahead and register it because you can prove ownership prior to the unjust law going into effect.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

If it is not stamped HBAR or you can’t prove it was advertised as a HBAR, the prudent thing to do is register it

Just my opinion and IANAL

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    But Colt DOES advertise their SOCOM as heavy .

But none the less , follow the 2/28/18 pronouncement , and register .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom