• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I will freely extend the assumption that Woodstock was having a friendly conversation with said ASA , and he thereby sought out imformation on the mood of the SA office.

And to a large measure old news . Violations of 4-203 & predecessor statutes have always been prohibiting.

And for a long time , it has been the sad situation that actual criminals & drug dealers who get charged with a laundry list of charges will usually have the carrying charges dropped in a deal to plead to one count somewhat related to the actual criminal activity.

The further old news is it is mainly otherwise law abiding citizens, charged Only with a handgun violation, that recieve the wrath of 4-203 .

Ok , the above has been the legal situation since 1972. I'll bite, what are any NEW LAWS ? MGA hasn't passed any . The last I heard the Balt City Council didn't go anywhere with a Municipal expansion of gun free zones .

Or rather is this a situation of certain States Attorney Offices to more frequently charge and/ or seek harsher sentences under existing 4-203 ?

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    Are you referring to new "PROPOSED" laws? As MD General Assembly hasn't passed any new laws since last session in April.

:facepalm: why do i try? DID NO ONE HEAR OF THE NEW LAWS PASSED THIS LAST SPRING?

did you now that if you simply touch your neighbor as in a light shove, you could be charged with a violent crime and lose your 2A rights? a simple finger on the shoulder to another, can get all yer guns and ammo taken away. SICK. ya may not need sealtbelts, but...

bikerbankr

Mar 1, 2010
    Upperco, MD
    pbharvey
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Klunatic View Post
    3 pages deep and I still have no idea what this thread is about........

You better buckle your seat belt!

Click it or ticket! ;)

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    I know everyone here is law abiding to a fault, but if you know of someone wanting to carry a gun without the permission of our "lawmakers" in the form of a PERMIT, please advise them not to do so. Illegal possession of a handgun is a class two misdemeanor, and could carry a sentence from two years to ten years in prison. As well, if the "charged" party does no time, but is found guilty of the charge as applied, they then become PROHIBITED PERSONS.

I had a four hour talk with a city prosecutor today, folks, buckle your seat belts.

i digress.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    2nd Degree Assault is a prohibiting crime , but old news, all ways has been so. What did change 4 yrs ago was the way Md could take a conviction for some flavor of " assault " in another jurisdiction where it does NOT rise to level of Prohibiting, and treat it in Md as being equivalent to "similar statute " in Md , namely 2nd Degree Assault, and make you Maryland Only Prohibited .

But no , those of us watching the MGA in real time didn't notice any new laws relating to Carry pass . But everyone might have collectively blinked. What is Bill number or Statute number of this new law ?

Cbrem

Jan 2, 2017
    Carroll County
    Fourteen year old Thug Life gets caught with a loaded handgun and no permit and is released. Only to get caught doing it a second time.

Middle aged Harry Homeowner gets caught with a loaded handgun and no permit and goes away for five years. And loses all future gun owning rights.

Gotta love Maryland.

Liberal privilege

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    IT HAS BEEN RUMORED that folks are arming up because of the uptick in violent assaults, and they are arming themselves "illegally", according to the state. WCBM's Bruce Elliot has made reference in his morning shows.

KLUNITIC i am advising everyone here, that new rules/laws have passed and unless you stay on top of what is going on, WE THE PEPLE are doomed.
    The GA is not in session, nothing new has been passed yet. They will certainly push for it though.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    new laws, second class misdemeanor and labeled a PROHIBITED PERSON. more aggressive attacks on LAWFUL gun ownership. STAY INFORMED!!!

OLD LAWS ARE OVERWRITTEN to the new laws. get up to speed.
    Oh, you mean four year old "new" laws , got it.

In that case you might have been the one not up to speed, until your meeting with a prosecutor...

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Why wouldn't the OP just say "I was in court today, and they are throwing the book at gun owners" with some examples. All this shroud of secrecy crap is nonsense.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    :facepalm: why do i try? DID NO ONE HEAR OF THE NEW LAWS PASSED THIS LAST SPRING?

did you now that if you simply touch your neighbor as in a light shove, you could be charged with a violent crime and lose your 2A rights? a simple finger on the shoulder to another, can get all yer guns and ammo taken away. SICK. ya may not need sealtbelts, but...
    If convicted of second degree assault that's been the law for a long time. It's not even close to new.

BurtonRW

Oct 19, 2007
    Pasadena
    I am an attorney, and after reading through three pages, here's what I'm getting:

Woodstock has warned us about absolutely nothing new. Nothing even close to new. Criminal 4-203 has, for as long as I can remember, included a max sentence of 3 years for a first time illegal carry offender, which makes any conviction under the same disqualifying.

Although he hinted at something involving a recent conversation with an ASA, no information from that conversation has been shared. When DC-W took a stab at it and cited Criminal 4-203, Woodstock indicated that this was his message. So... absolutely nothing new. Status quo for decades, but I suppose I'm glad he figured it out.

What the hell did I miss?

(This thread kind of reminds me of the occasional post by a noob who jumps right in with "Look! I just read the Constitution! Maryland is violating our 2A rights!" and we all look around at each other like... "yeah... ummm... glad you could catch up? :shrug:")

-Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom