• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    One of the original models showed up at the fire house a while back and I was playing with it last night. What a fun “toy” I got to say. Not enough juice to take out a stink bug with one shot but I did manage to down a moth that was airborne.
    Not to many flys around yet but I did leave a door open hoping to attract some targets.

I think I’m going to get the newer 2.0 version and put a hurting on the fly population around the house this summer. I’m hoping the newer version has enough thump to dispatch stink buds before they can use their biological defenses weapon.
    The guy who came up with this is a genius. Something to keep simple minded rednecks like me entertained for hours.

TheRealJimDavis

Jan 28, 2013
    The Burnie
    Hahahahaha, this has been on my amazon wish list for a while now. I can't justify buying it myself, but I secretely hope the Mrs. will get it and I'm gonna go total mall ninja around the yard. Stalking stuff with underpants tied around my head like a fat Rambo.... Maybe I'll get one and say its for the kids....

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Got one for my father for Christmas a few years back. He’s not a big gun nut, but has a lot of fun with it. He lives in DE, there are plenty of targets around in the summer. Works really well at closer range, not so much at long distance.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    hahahaha

Hahahahaha, this has been on my amazon wish list for a while now. I can't justify buying it myself, but I secretely hope the Mrs. will get it and I'm gonna go total mall ninja around the yard. Stalking stuff with underpants tied around my head like a fat Rambo.... Maybe I'll get one and say its for the kids....

:lol::lol2::lol::lol2:

Rebel59

Hater of Kings and Queens
    Apr 8, 2018
    Went fishing
    Always bring mine with me for family outdoor events were fly's and mosquitoes can be expected. A big hit every time.

Attachments

• IMG_2642.jpg
      IMG_2642.jpg
      74.9 KB · Views: 675

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    I have one of the 2.0 versions. Actual effectiveness is mixed, but it's sure a lot of fun. I think the key is to only load it a quarter or half full. Otherwise the salt has too much time to grind itself down and you end up shooting more salt dust than salt crystals.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    What ammo do you find effective? Plain, Iodized, Kosher, Sea, other?

The salt substitutes made from Potassium Chloride don't clump in humid weather like real salt. Even Mortons clumped up on me despite the girl's umbrella.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Choose the version that fires 230 grains of salt. They work much better than the wimpy 115 grains variety :innocent0

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    I've had mine for a few years now. Many a fly has met its demise from the B-a-S. Wish it was strong enough to take down the Yellow Jackets. Wonder if the 2.0 can? In any case, love that thing, Plus, it's what my kids learned trigger/muzzle control on. (Well, my daughter anyway. Son is still too much of a moron.)

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    you keep posting this stuff, and it'll get banned!

if you have a fly swatter, what do you need another a-salt weapon for!

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md

now THAT...is TMI

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Had one for a couple years, works great. They have the laser attachment now (yep, had to get that too).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom