• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    I've got evidence of a Possom or Chupacabra living in the crawl space under my house. I've decided to crawl in there and investigate. Since gun play under my house is out of the question I am going to bring a knive. What kind of blade is best if I have to get rowdy with a fur bearer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      186.3 KB · Views: 494

MRA

Dec 10, 2010
    Damascus
    O'possums are nasty animals to deal with. I don't recommend going after them with a knife. I think the best thing you can do is get it/them out of there. Maybe someone can suggest a way to discourage them. I've seen them caught in live traps but I'm not sure about bait. Good luck.

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Would advise against going in with a knife.

Set up a live trap, I normally use sardines. Seems to work for possums, and coons.

Either one is a NASTY critter to deal with when cornered. You WILL need a trip to Dr.

Trap, then a .22 to back of head. Problem solved.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Would advise against going in with a knife.

Set up a live trap, I normally use sardines. Seems to work for possums, and coons.

Either one is a NASTY critter to deal with when cornered. You WILL need a trip to Dr.

Trap, then a .22 to back of head. Problem solved.
    I worked for an extermination company while in HS.

^^^^^^This is great advice. Do not go in.^^^^^^

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Borrow a trap or make one. No way do I want to get close to one of those damn things with the chance of getting bit. You know MD is the rabies capital of the US, right? Even a small bite would be bad.

I hear that porcupines don't like the scent of mothballs, so maybe that's true for possums as well. You could toss a bunch in the crawl space and see if it helps him decide to leave. Cheap to try.

DCSCO

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2008
    Frederick County
    If you know the entry exit point, set up a snare. They are cheap and available on line. The live traps work well also, I used fruit for bait.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    10' piece of 3/4" metal conduit and a 25' piece of sash cord. Fish the ends of the sash cord through the conduit leaving a loop at the other end. Red neck catch pole!!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Set up bait at one end of location. Set up with bow and arrow at other end. Maybe a lined one like they use in bowfishing? Or a spear. Bottom line hoomins suck at CQB so use a tool to increase the distance.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Man up and go in there Bloodsport style you Nancy Boy!!!!!

Nothing says GTFO like a round house kick to the Jib. There's only one way to deal with a trespasser that refuses to comply and that's a 180 degree chuck Norris.

As my hero FPS Russia says, "Don't b Bitch"

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    bait trap like others have said. smoking him out will also smoke out your home. .22 shot shells are wildly ineffective (took 5 shots point blank to kill a hog nose snake trying to crawl under my house, a butt stroke would have been kinder and worked better). If it must be dead right now, a good flashlight and a.22 air rifle mght be a good idea for you. Maybe a rimfire .22 loaded with subsonics/ colibres. Still not as easy as a live trap.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    Man up and go in there Bloodsport style you Nancy Boy!!!!!

Nothing says GTFO like a round house kick to the Jib. There's only one way to deal with a trespasser that refuses to comply and that's a 180 degree chuck Norris.

As my hero FPS Russia says, "Don't b Bitch"
    Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom