• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    I'm sure this has been gone over ad nauseam so you can direct me to the nearest links that cover this.

Otherwise, let's here your opinions. I really love the Red Jacket ZK-22 but it appears that they don't make it anymore and it's really expensive if you can find them on EBay.

Any other stocks or bullpup configurations for the 10/22?

Scarab

silver78

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2009
    Well you asked for opinions so here is mine. I think the 10-22 is a terrific rifle. It was my first rifle and I own more than one of them. However now that the S&W 15-22 is available buying a 10-22 and adding an expensive tacticool stock makes no sense to me.

Clandestine summed it up quite well right here and for a tactical style 22 rifle I completely agree with him.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=3625872&postcount=32

Just buy a 15-22.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    How about the slidefire stock. SSAR-22

ssar22-slidefire-1-listing.jpg

Got it delivered for $379 to my house which includes a Volquartsen 3lbs trigger pack. Adds a little fun to the gun, can be shot standard semi auto or bump fired.

Adding a tac-sol X-Ring SB-X barrel
    sbx.jpg

for my Sparrow
    1e8f1c15ef8c8b7e64e9419b921a0a07.jpg

and my son cannot wipe the smile off his face all day after going to the range ....

Certainly not the best stock like a Hogue or as versitile as ATI or tac-star.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    How about the slidefire stock. SSAR-22

ssar22-slidefire-1-listing.jpg

Got it delivered for $379 to my house which includes a Volquartsen 3lbs trigger pack. Adds a little fun to the gun, can be shot standard semi auto or bump fired.

Adding a tac-sol X-Ring SB-X barrel
    sbx.jpg

for my Sparrow
    1e8f1c15ef8c8b7e64e9419b921a0a07.jpg

and my son cannot wipe the smile off his face all day after going to the range ....

Certainly not the best stock like a Hogue or as versitile as ATI or tac-star.

Has your suppressor base gotten stuck, yet, so you only unscrew the top portion of the suppressor when you try to take it off the SBX barrel? (Hint: the fun begins when it does.)

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    Has not happened yet, I can see that is a possibility. Worse case scenario I would have to the shroud away and end up with an illegal short barrel but still have the original barrel.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Has your suppressor base gotten stuck, yet, so you only unscrew the top portion of the suppressor when you try to take it off the SBX barrel? (Hint: the fun begins when it does.)

FWIW, Can't happen w/ a silencerco sparrow. The threaded end that goes on the muzzle is one-pc w/ the front endcap you can grab/see. The part that unscrews only holds the shell on. It is NOT threaded onto the muzzle.

Its GOOD warning for others though! I wouldn't have thought of it.

fm4bj6.jpg

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    I agree that the S & W is the better option but I already have two 10/22s so I'm not looking at buying another .22 rifle.

Thanks for the options!

ANYMORE?

Scarab

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Well you asked for opinions so here is mine. I think the 10-22 is a terrific rifle. It was my first rifle and I own more than one of them. However now that the S&W 15-22 is available buying a 10-22 and adding an expensive tacticool stock makes no sense to me.

Clandestine summed it up quite well right here and for a tactical style 22 rifle I completely agree with him.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=3625872&postcount=32

Just buy a 15-22.
    Owning 2 15-22s I can say truthfully it is the most reliable .22 rifle I have owned although the 10/22 is a close second ( and I have only owned a 10/22 since Sept. 2014). And like the 10/22 I used to have a tacticalized Rem 597.
    However the 15-22 is not as accurate as the 10/22 or 597 both of which can be built up to shoot .5-1 MOA while the 15-22 is a 2 MOA rifle at best. Also you can build a lighter rifle out of a 10/22, 597, or AR-22 for that matter. The lightest you can make the 15-22 without cutting the barrel is about 4 lbs. 12 ozs (my race gun 15-22). I can build copies of the others down to the mid 3 lbs range (and the AR-22 can get below 3 lbs. with the right parts). My current race 10/22 weighs in at 3 lbs 14 ozs. This is important for speed shooting only pretty much. For creating an AR practice rifle I think the 15-22 is tops because you can put most of the same parts as your .223 rifle on it, saving some bucks here and there if you want.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Owning 2 15-22s I can say truthfully it is the most reliable .22 rifle I have owned although the 10/22 is a close second ( and I have only owned a 10/22 since Sept. 2014). And like the 10/22 I used to have a tacticalized Rem 597.
    However the 15-22 is not as accurate as the 10/22 or 597 both of which can be built up to shoot .5-1 MOA while the 15-22 is a 2 MOA rifle at best. Also you can build a lighter rifle out of a 10/22, 597, or AR-22 for that matter. The lightest you can make the 15-22 without cutting the barrel is about 4 lbs. 12 ozs (my race gun 15-22). I can build copies of the others down to the mid 3 lbs range (and the AR-22 can get below 3 lbs. with the right parts). My current race 10/22 weighs in at 3 lbs 14 ozs. This is important for speed shooting only pretty much. For creating an AR practice rifle I think the 15-22 is tops because you can put most of the same parts as your .223 rifle on it, saving some bucks here and there if you want.

My 15-22 had to be sent back to S&W. It was a jam, stovepipe, misfeed machine. They did fix it and it has been reliable since. But when I first got it, I wanted to throw it out the window.

revobreaker

Nov 13, 2011
    SOMD
    I know you were looking for Bullpups, but I have this available if you are interested

Here is mine, little tacticooled up with some random NCStar stuff I had laying around. Just need a suppressor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom