• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Called Gun Cellar in Union Bridge yesterday. The guy who answered said they went out of business and don't sell guns anymore. Apparently they have some ammo they want to sell off to clear out what is left. Too bad! I stopped in there a few years ago. It was a funky place, but they had quite a few Savage rifles (new manufacture, not Model 99s). So it goes...

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    They probably went belly up because they were never open. Many years ago it was a good shop with daily hours but the past few years they never seemed to be open. They did have good prices but they only caterd to hunters I cant ever recall seeing an Ar15 or an Ak in there. I actually bought my first savage there with my own money when I was 15yrs old. It was a model 111g in 30-06 and I think I payed around $300 brand new back in 1999.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    You know, I love the older mom and pop gun shops. And a couple years ago, I called them looking for something. If I recall, I left a message, they called me back a day or so later, were very nice, but again, it was their hours. I don't recall the hours, but being a service tech, I like normal hours where I can swing in when I am on the road between service calls for stuff. Shops that have odd hours or are pretty far don't really do it for me as I have little free time since I am institutionalized (married w/kids).

SmokingGun

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2009
    Absurdistan
    Sorry to hear. Gun Cellar and Ray's Guns in Taneytown were my go-to shops a loooong time ago (late 90's). Anybody know what happened to Ray S.?

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Sorry to hear. Gun Cellar and Ray's Guns in Taneytown were my go-to shops a loooong time ago (late 90's). Anybody know what happened to Ray S.?

Was there a gun shop on Main Street in T-Town back in the day? Across from Country Kitchen? I seem to remember a neon "guns" sign and barred windows.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

Ray basically retired all the way (he was retired Balt Co PD). He closed up his shop in T-town, sold his property, fair amount of acerage farm, and moved to PA somewhere.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    You always have Bollingers. They're not quite a show room as of yet but extremely helpful and will order or take a transfer for you. Right now, they are my go to place. I presently only need a show room or gun show so the wife can see and feel what type of guns she likes and wants.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    I found them open once and stopped in. It was hit or miss, a matter of timing. I have been mostly using Lock Stock & Barrel in Taneytown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom