Anyone plan on shooting Toxic Broadheads?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    I have seen these online, Youtube, and I have seen them in the stores. Theoretically/physically, I think they should do some real damage. Realistically, they seem like just another gimmick broadhead. Does anyone plan on trying them this year?

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    So now we have cop-killer arrowheads... Ban them. It's for the children.

Just kidding guys! That looks like it could be a very effective arrowhead making a huge wound channel and should make following a blood trail both easy and short.

km04

Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    locked up for what? unless you have a statued on no shooting,an oudoor cat is fair game.....no bag limit:D i would not suggest walking into their house to shoot it though...
    I think house pets fall under some statue, which would be covered by cruelty to animals. I know what your plan is....you're trying to get rid of the competion for the fall.

I see through you mister...:mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54:

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    $15 each! that's nuts---I guess I will just sharpen up the old Zwickeys I have been using for like 10 years-I think I paid $15 for 6 of them, maybe less.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    I think house pets fall under some statue, which would be covered by cruelty to animals. I know what your plan is....you're trying to get rid of the competion for the fall.

I see through you mister...:mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54:
    Actually there are laws in place to protect wildlife from domesticated animals. We are allowed to kill them in the state of Maryland. Look it up. If I see cats around here without collars, they get a 4000 FPS lobotomy. They kill my rabbits,my flying squirrels,my birds,crawl all over my cars and scratch them up My wife has a cat and they bring them to the porch for her. I had my garage door open last year to pull out my mower and mow the grass, one of the bastards jumped in my vette and sprayed my drivers seat, that set me off!

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    They have a design that will probably clog with fur, skin and stop at bone. I have seen regular broad heads stop dead by hitting a rib or shoulder. No way they will penetrate deep enough, unless it's a gut shot.

If I get back into bow hunting this fall, I'll be sticking with my Thunderheads.

Roneut

Oct 10, 2010
    I think house pets fall under some statue, which would be covered by cruelty to animals.

You made me genuinely curious, so I checked. I always like to dig down and get the real statutes.

Apparently, it's only against the law if you kill an animal in a cruel manner (including using a paralytic poisons, carbon monoxide, or decompression. Yes that is actually written in the law!...ew). I could not actually find anything that says merely killing them in and of itself is illegal. If it belongs to someone naturally you would answer to the owner, either for criminal property damage or face a lawsuit.

http://www.animallaw.info/statutes/stusmd10_601_622.htm

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    They are a copy some what of the old razor ring.

The old Atom arrowheads. The razor ring would collapse upon entry and exit making for minimal entry/exit wounds. This is interesting on these new ones. I wonder if they are strong enough to break bone though as they are wider than rib spacing, so you will hit bone no matter what from what I can see. It has the chisel point, but I am wondering on how strong the curved blades are in their mount.

km04

Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    Actually there are laws in place to protect wildlife from domesticated animals. We are allowed to kill them in the state of Maryland. Look it up. If I see cats around here without collars, they get a 4000 FPS lobotomy. They kill my rabbits,my flying squirrels,my birds,crawl all over my cars and scratch them up My wife has a cat and they bring them to the porch for her. I had my garage door open last year to pull out my mower and mow the grass, one of the bastards jumped in my vette and sprayed my drivers seat, that set me off!

Well then I guess all bets are off when they do that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom