• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    You are being sarcastic.......................right??

If not, could you please give a detailed explanation of how using a lighted knock is cheating or aiding in the killing of an animal in any way.

I don't think that is what he was saying. I think he was saying that if it is on the books as being illegal or against the rules and you bagged a record buck nobody would know but the shooter and that if the shooter was comfortable knowingly taking a buck not in line with the rules then that was on the shooter, but he would not be ok with it.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    You are being sarcastic.......................right??

If not, could you please give a detailed explanation of how using a lighted knock is cheating or aiding in the killing of an animal in any way.
    Look at pope and young rule book,says it in there. Use of electronic aids are not permitted.

#1. You get an instant idea of wether the shot was good
    #2 you find your arrow instantly
    #3 if you didn't get a pass through, you would be able to track the deer until the arrow falls out or best case the arrow stays in and you have to use zero tracking skills to find the animal.

All that is aiding in the recovery of the animal electronically.

So you can cheat if you want, I won't!

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    really? I dont see how they are a shooting aid. Its not like a laser sight or something. They're mostly just cool to shoot and i suppose they could aid in tracking and arrow recovery in low light.

only thing they aid in IMO is finding the arrow...if they work...lots of people say they don't work half the time...sorry I don't know if they are legal or not...I would suspect not but don't take internet advice for legal counsel

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    only thing they aid in IMO is finding the arrow...if they work...lots of people say they don't work half the time...sorry I don't know if they are legal or not...I would suspect not but don't take internet advice for legal counsel

I have tried several different kinds and I and after many big fails I decided to keep doing things the old way. Shoot. Make blood. Follow blood.

If the arrow passes through like it should then the lighted nock technically is a waste of money. Most times the arrow does not pass through and the light never comes on, so, we're back to make blood. Follow blood. Honestly the better method is to use reflective paint on your wrap area and let the flash light do the work. Lighted nocks are useless in the day light anyway.

I also strongly feel that if you are not confident enough to make blood... you should not be shooting at the animal anyway. Things happen, that's a given, but, I gave up wasting money of lighted nocks.

Are they illegal in Maryland. No. Are they illegal anywhere ? I can not imagine that to be true in any state.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    I have been using the nockturnal nocks on sting rays the last couple years. i have found them to be the most reliable that i have tried. i usually get a couple good shoots out of them before the salt water takes its toll. even with them you get a dudd some times.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I have tried several different kinds and I and after many big fails I decided to keep doing things the old way. Shoot. Make blood. Follow blood.

If the arrow passes through like it should then the lighted nock technically is a waste of money. Most times the arrow does not pass through and the light never comes on, so, we're back to make blood. Follow blood. Honestly the better method is to use reflective paint on your wrap area and let the flash light do the work. Lighted nocks are useless in the day light anyway.

I also strongly feel that if you are not confident enough to make blood... you should not be shooting at the animal anyway. Things happen, that's a given, but, I gave up wasting money of lighted nocks.

Are they illegal in Maryland. No. Are they illegal anywhere ? I can not imagine that to be true in any state.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:I agree 100%

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom