Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues

Notices

Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM #41
W T F

W T F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggfoot44 View Post
Does the US Census Bureau or other US Gov't entity have an official ruling on Philiphines? On the surface it would indeed appear to be heavily shaped by Spain .

Various forms of possession/ Colony of Spain from mid 1500's , until we obtained it in the Spanish- American War .

Spanish was an official language until 1987 .

In the early days of Philiphine Census taking , the residents were not just allowed, but actively encouraged to adopt to Adopt Spanish Surnames.

At one point , the population of the main populated islands were 1/3 pure honky Spaniards .

The Philippine Colonial Gov'ts paid economic incentives for intermarriage between ethnic groups , and Spaniards were in the highest demand , by factor of up to 10 .
Philipines have way more influences and cultural connection to Spain, than a lot of the Caribbean region countries considered Hispanic .

But it is ignorant is equate all Hispanics with "Mexicans" . Maryland in particular have Hispanics originating from all over Latin America , with no country having dominance.
Race is self identified. Honestly it is irrelevant and they should take it off the 4473.
danb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:32 PM #42
TV Personality

TV Personality

Quote:
At one point , the population of the main populated islands were 1/3 pure honky Spaniards .

Old Yesterday, 04:37 PM #43
The Member

The Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-tac View Post
Ok great. I intentionally didnít bring that point up. They wanted both to have hql.

The guy left the mags out of the deal and was told by them that a handgun without the original magazines can not be transferred.

That is what really puzzled me
FFL is just looking to enhance his profits by getting the mags, not transferring them to you and then selling them to someone out of state.

Pick a different FFL.
TheBert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:27 PM #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by boothdoc View Post
State Barracks.

Do your online paperwork first, show up on a Sunday morning after breakfast, takes about twenty minutes. Cost 10 per transaction (how many firearms at one time?? Up to 7at a time for 10.00 total from my experience).
Wait a week to be not disapproved. The. Meet for Sunday breakfast and exchange the firearm.
That 7 is going to require a designated collectors letter though. Otherwise it is 1 every 30 days or 2 in 60.

In the process on my first barracks transfer now. Went at lunch to the barracks. It took about 30 minutes including a few minutes for the desk trooper to be free helping the couple of people ahead of us.

A lot less painful than I thought it would be.
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:29 PM #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by danb View Post
I have heard so many complains about them I have to wonder how they stay in business. Its like they go out of their way to fend off actual customers. I can only conclude its a laundering operation of some sort. I am speculating of course.
Or they serve the less refined sort who probably are only going to use the firearm once before the nice man in the uniform demands they drop it.
Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM #46

Quote:
MSP Barracks is not automatically the best choice .That process requires buyer and seller to meet in person twice .

If the B & S live far apart , or at least one of them has unusual schedule of days or hours worked , that can be a pia . In those cases using the services if brick & mortar FFL , the buyer and seller need only meet once . A cpl more $ , but far better than travel expenses from any combination of Eastern Shore, Western , or Southern Md .
Thatís true. I probably wouldnít do a barracks transfer if as you mentioned our hours/days just didnít work or it was a hardship to make them line up. That or I donít think Iíd want to do it if it involved more than about 2 hours of round trip driving between both occasions.

But when you might be talking a $200 or $300 firearm, possibly paying $50+ on top of the $10 MSP fee is adding quiet a bit to the cost.
Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM #47
Outboard boat racing guy

Send a message via AIM to Mark75H
Outboard boat racing guy

Send a message via AIM to Mark75H
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Or they serve the less refined sort who probably are only going to use the firearm once before the nice man in the uniform demands they drop it.
No, they are across the street from AACo PDHQ. They cater to their 'friends' in the dept. They are just not fond of the unwashed masses.

Thus, the only inquiry that this Court should conduct is to determine whether the firearms prohibited by the Act are protected by the Second Amendment. Because they are, the Act is simply unconstitutional.
Mark75H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbird7282 View Post
Worth a Sh*t has to be the worst run FFL in the entire state. Idiots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought the worst was the one in Columbia that rhymes with box. Maybe we could have a Death Match to determine the worst.

I live within easy walkin distance to Worth a Shot but having heard the tales I pass them by all the time.
Holster

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues