• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amigo109

Jan 25, 2018
    Columbia MD
    I never knew what a straw purchase was until this thread. One of the best methods to get something you really want but are afraid your wife will give you grief over is to buy it for HER as a gift. Nothing says I love you on Mother's day or her birthday like an ar15 lol (which is the gun on the top of my wish list haha.) Now I'm not sure what to do.

PS, I'm joking, but only half joking. The strategy is sound.

Amigo109

Jan 25, 2018
    Columbia MD
    Mrs. Amigo is scared of guns. But that's how you get them over their fears. Take them shooting and buy them a gun. My littlest kid was TERRIFIED of dogs. Didn't matter if they were on a leash 100 yards away, she wouldn't get out of the car if a dog was in sight. Now we have two 80 lb dogs and she loves dogs. She's still a little apprehensive around pit bulls though, but overall she's good with dogs.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I never knew what a straw purchase was until this thread. One of the best methods to get something you really want but are afraid your wife will give you grief over is to buy it for HER as a gift. Nothing says I love you on Mother's day or her birthday like an ar15 lol (which is the gun on the top of my wish list haha.) Now I'm not sure what to do.

PS, I'm joking, but only half joking. The strategy is sound.

That strategy will work but only if you prepare the groundwork properly first.

True story. Once for an anniversary present I gave my wife an electric chainsaw and she was happy to get it. That is in the ground work you see because before the anniversary she was cutting the firewood with a hand saw.:innocent0

kyserthehun

Jul 24, 2016
    FWIW I'm still under 50 and I've bought a USP, an AR upper, bipods, and a freezer from the classifieds.

Ports

Aug 11, 2014
    Caveat Emptor, the principal really applies to both sides of a transaction. Both buyer and seller need to decide for themselves all aspects of a transaction. While the forum does a very good job of protecting us, we are all adults and responsible for our own actions. You can’t protect people from stupid.

Classifieds should be open for viewing to all.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I wasn't concerned until the bulk buy of plastic sheeting and packing tape.

I was just wondering whether this was a straw freezer purchase. You know, buying a freezer for some one who's not supposed to own a freezer like perhaps they are renting and want to go to Costco and buy more than 10 cuts of meat. Who needs that many steaks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom