• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Ok, I don’t know anything about flare guns at all. I seen a M-8 flare pistol today for sale, at a place I frequent often. I’ve been able to find out it was made my McInerny Spring and Wire Company which was located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. It seems that most of these pistols were made by the Eureka vacuum cleaner company. I don’t know if that adds anything to the value or not? It’s functional and the bore looks pretty good. It’s interesting, but I have know idea what these things are worth. The prices I’ve seen on line are all over the place. Hopefully you can see the asking price in the picture. Would this be a good deal?

Attachments

• 895E11F2-C157-4E81-9CE9-322E9A34BE4D.jpg
      895E11F2-C157-4E81-9CE9-322E9A34BE4D.jpg
      88.5 KB · Views: 336
    Jul 1, 2012
    That's a decent price and looks to be really nice.
    If the other side and the grip frame is as nice it's worth grabbing if you're into those kinds of things.
    There should be a crossed-cannon ordnance mark and a P on the bottom of butt, and usually an S/N on the backstrap.
    Probably late WWII vintage due to parkerized finish (earlier had blued steel parts).

There's been several on GB that have been in the $200-$350 range (forever).
    Typically they sell between $75 and $150 with some excursions upwards.
    Condition matters a lot though, just like any other collectible so this one is on the high end.
    Ironically I see more MSWC than EVCC for sale.

These were designed to be inserted into a fitting in an aircraft skin, hence the lugs and the extra lever on top.
    The fittings are really hard to find.
    http://www.prc68.com/I/AN-M8FlarePistol.html

If you look closely at my avatar, that's an AN-M8 modified by MBAssociates to shoot 12 gyrojets :)

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Thanks once again guys for the help. I’ll probably pick it up later today. Oh and by the way, I only wear Hoppe’s on special occasions. I wear 87 octane for everyday use.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Thanks once again guys for the help. I’ll probably pick it up later today. Oh and by the way, I only wear Hoppe’s on special occasions. I wear 87 octane for everyday use.

Jet pilots are partial to a dab of kerosene, I understand.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I knew somd_mustangs would find this thread and grace us with his knowledge on a subject that I find interesting. A cool niche of the militaria world with lots of amazing examples of ingenuity. Every time I see a nice example like this one the pull gets stronger and stronger. To paraphrase a friend "I will not collect flare guns. I will not collect flare guns..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom