• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradyWarrior

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2014
    Maryland
    How can the northern portion of that district allow a commie democrat represent them? Surely, there should be enough people there to out-vote the southern portion.

You see that small shape at the bottom, "chained" to the larger part at the top? It's literally an anchor. Sure it's small, but it's heavy and sinks the rest of the district. :D

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    re-drawing the lines to what they were or better should have been a major goal of Hogan's before the elections got here if he really wants to save the state.

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    How can the northern portion of that district allow a commie democrat represent them? Surely, there should be enough people there to out-vote the southern portion.

Nope - that's why they redistricted it the way they did. That's how all of the redistricting was done. Take a less populated moderate / conservative republican district and tether a portion of a densely populated liberal district to it and - VOILA! Instant liberal democratic district.

OweMalley and his cronies fine tuned the gerrymandering like a concert violin and eviscerated the republican vote. Roscoe Bartlett is out and portions of Carroll county are now represented by VanHellin.

:sad20:

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Nope - that's why they redistricted it the way they did. That's how all of the redistricting was done. Take a less populated moderate / conservative republican district and tether a portion of a densely populated liberal district to it and - VOILA! Instant liberal democratic district.

OweMalley and his cronies fine tuned the gerrymandering like a concert violin and eviscerated the republican vote. Roscoe Bartlett is out and portions of Carroll county are now represented by VanHellin.

:sad20:

That's exactly what they did. Looking at the map, district 6 should be reliably republican as it contains the panhandle counties and the remaining rural part of MoCo. But they added some parts of Rockville, Gaithersburg, etc to guarantee their lefty gets elected and re-elected. They've gotten the seats of Bartlett and, in 2002, Morella (by adding that little slice of Tacoma Park to her district) through this gerrymandering.

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    Guys, I personally know Dan Cox (Republican), 8th Congressional District, and he is worth while looking into. He doesn't have lots of funding like the other candidate, but he is a man of integrity, loves America, pro-2A, Constitution, and all of the above, over again. He is for defense/military (his son is a VMI cadet), national security and happens to be a lawyer as well.

Most may say that he has no chance as a Republican running in 8th, but he can get our concerns and be our voice out there for the future.

He is also a Frederick county resident.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Guys, I personally know Dan Cox (Republican), 8th Congressional District, and he is worth while looking into.

I'm glad you posted this. I'm bummed that I'm not in Smigiel's district, so I was looking to see who to back in my district (8th).

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Raskin, Matthews and Trone OH MY

ohmy.jpg

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    No. They are not running for Raskin's seat, they are all running for Chris Van Hollen's seat now that he is trying to get into the Senate. We basically have three choices in the primary; Raskin, Trone, or Matthews. This is for Maryland's 8th Congressional district. The half dozen other candidates just aren't viable this time around.

Raskin is trying to get into Congress. The other two are opportunists looking to get into politics. All three suck. I'm not sure who I will vote for in the primary. One thing is for sure, I won't vote for any of them in the general. :D

I registered as a Dem this time around to help give Chris Van Hollen the boot in the primary.

People have until Apr 5th to decide to register DINO and boot Hollen or register R and make sure Szeliga gets the nod on the GOP side, along with Presidential delegates, which will count this year.

I have not personally decided yet. Hollen is locked in a tight race, he may need some help off the cliff.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    People have until Apr 5th to decide to register DINO and boot Hollen or register R and make sure Szeliga gets the nod on the GOP side, along with Presidential delegates, which will count this year.

I have not personally decided yet. Hollen is locked in a tight race, he may need some help off the cliff.

Somebody put up a bunch of Trone signs along Rt 124 between Fieldcrest and Brink. They lasted about 48 hours before they came down. Either Trone and his people figured the signs weren't in the 8th or somebody decided to do a little neighborhood beautification.

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    I sent an email to Trone asking for evidence to support his Anti-2a stance. Shockingly, I've yet to hear anything back from him or his staff. Intel I got about one of his daughters was that she was a complete lush all thru HS and couldn't function enough to make it out of their house in Potomac due to prevalence of alcohol. Ironic for a guy who wants to fight the gun lobby but has no issue with letting his own kids drink their faces off all day at school and at home. As for Raskin, he's a tool who can't debate his way out of a wet paper bag. Unfortunately, legal gun owners are grouped with felons. It's too bad you can't legally throat punch these d-bags as they spew their worthless rhetoric.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    The problem I have with the Trone v Matthews v Raskin debate is that they are all about as anti-constitution as they come. Seems like a tie in the race to the bottom.

Matthews has hubby for a micro-phone.
    Wife has received a bunch flyers in the mail, sometimes 2 or 3 per day.

So I am thinking that who is the biggest loser to vote for ... Raskin?

I just changed my party affiliation today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom