• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Just got home from work and finished catching up on the thread. Spoke with Dblas on my way home and got filled in. Sounds like a complete success outside of two that were finally able to be calmed.

This is a first (that I am aware of) where the firearm community committed to going to an anti event. We will learn from this and make things better for the future. It's time that Vinnie is not the only person in MD that gets heard!

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    The amount of sucking up leftists do is unbelievable and so transparent. Imagine if a Minister or Priest started by mentioning God.. :sad20:

What I really don't get, there is a large Jewish contingent in this area, and they eat that stuff up too?

Leggett and/or CVH always bring a swat team with them.. Leggett had plain clothes body guard at my kids pre-school when he came to make a 10 minute speech.

I noticed that too. Not surprising given the location, though. MoCo.

Maybe they failed history. Or maybe they think they'll be on the winning side this time.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Just got home from work and finished catching up on the thread. Spoke with Dblas on my way home and got filled in. Sounds like a complete success outside of two that were finally able to be calmed.

This is a first (that I am aware of) where the firearm community committed to going to an anti event. We will learn from this and make things better for the future. It's time that Vinnie is not the only person in MD that gets heard!
    The first time? I'm really surprised by that.
    I'm down if they ever have one of these in bmore county or the city.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Why were Police there? They don't feel safe without being protected by firearms? Oh chit. I know the answer, they knew we were coming.

Police were there as a matter of city police for any rally, no more, no less. The same way DGS police are present for every rally in Annapolis.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Almost every reform jew I know is solidly in favor of gun control. They love it.

Ironic._My_stupid_attempt_at_a_new_meme._I_tried_4bafa6_3552920.jpg

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Has anyone seen the final news coverage?

WUSA9 covered it, I didn't make the segment but one of our guys did and he did well.

Waiting for NBC4 to come on, they did mention MSI, Maryland Shall Issue in their live shot at 6 PM, and then did an interview with me afterwards for the 11 PM news (maybe).

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    FabsRoman and his son were in the video on NBC4, but no footage from anyone from our side, just a short clip from the woman who's son was killed in DC.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Saw a quick blip at midnight, I forget which channel. Total focus on the Brady side, no footage of any opposition. Usual BS regarding registration - "how can they not?"

No discussion with any mental content at all, strictly emotive buzzwording.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Upon arrival I parked right behind the County Executives armed body guard chauffeur driven van. Regretfully, I have no body guard or chauffeur.

I asked one of the women handing signs out, "where did you get such great signs".

To which she replied, "PETA". The label on the shipping box confirmed it.

I'm convinced these PETA, Planned Parenthood, the Susan G. Komen Foundation, etc. play a shell game with their support funds.

On another note, I was able to convince at least one mom (who said she was on the fence) to take a free HQL class as my quest.

When they started signing Kumbya, I couldn't take it anymore and started to make my way out.

As people left I reminded them to look both ways, have a safe drive home and an enjoyable holiday.

That really made some of them rather livid.

PETA states "The only position PETA has on guns is that they should not be used to hunt animals. PETA has objected to some of the National Rifle Association’s positions in the past, because it frequently takes pro-hunting stands and lobbies against bills that would restrict or ban hunting. However, our disagreement with the organization is limited to hunting issues and doesn’t extend to gun control or gun ownership issues."

I find this curious, maybe funds are being misappropriated and PETA unknowingly paid for the signs. There needs to be an IRS investigation.

MRA

Dec 10, 2010
    Damascus
    I am very glad to be apart of this today, thanks for letting us know. It was a pleasure getting to meet other MDS'ers and putting faces with screen names.

This was the first time I attended an anti's rally so here are my thoughts:

* I believe that most of them are brainwashed. They are intentionally being confused as to terminology in order to invoke an emotional response. I overheard some conversations and they were being illogical in their own statements. They only repeat the key phrases that the Brady Bunch wants them to repeat without really understanding what they are saying.

* It was very disrespectful to jeer and boo during the service. I don't care if what was being said was wrong it made MSI look bad.

* Dan did a great job talking to the reporter and focusing on fixing the mental health issue on NICS.

* We (MSI) need to be there in greater numbers at EVERY Brady Bunch rally.

* We need to do a better job engaging the crowd and talking to them, not shouting at them. I overheard a few MSI members shouting "idiots" at them. This is only going to enforce stereo types of gun owners and build their resolve.

* We need to find common ground and separate out some of the issues, like mental health. They talk about "common sense background checks" but don't want mental health to be reported--That doesn't make sense.

* We need to come up with an education plan so that people outside of the gun community can understand what is being said. I doubt any of the antis there know what NICS is or that a criminal owning a gun is already illegal.

* We need to work on our image to come across as polite, respectful and intelligent in order to win some of their hearts. We need the image that we are there to help reduce gun violence too but how we want to do is different.

* Every one of those tragic stories were also cases for shall-issue permits. The one of the girl being shot by a criminal who bought a gun illegally was a great story. The girl couldn't have gotten her permit to defend herself and there was nothing in that story that would have been different with whatever legislation they want.

I truly enjoyed being a part of that event and hearing both sides. I feel like I have a better understanding now of what we are up against. I'm going to try to make it to more of these events in 2016 now that school is over I have more free time. Thanks again for the invite.

Great post!

Thank you for everyone who attended on our behalf.

I think the good news is that we are still being mentioned in the news stories. Let's use this event as a learning experience. Now, we need to hone our message and approach. Signs with a strong consistent message would be helpful. Adding a web link on the signs could direct people to basic factual information.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    PETA, possible busing of people, @cutthecheck, possibility of people being paid to show up, possibility of husbands just there so they don't have to sleep on the couch, ... Is it strange I feel the need for more tinfoil?

I'm worried about making statements and giving up info to the other side. Anyway, I'm preparing for some xmas eve target shooting, 70 degrees wtf :)
    Thanks for making a showing guys!

Mr H

Banana'd
    PETA states "The only position PETA has on guns is that they should not be used to hunt animals. PETA has objected to some of the National Rifle Association’s positions in the past, because it frequently takes pro-hunting stands and lobbies against bills that would restrict or ban hunting. However, our disagreement with the organization is limited to hunting issues and doesn’t extend to gun control or gun ownership issues."

I find this curious, maybe funds are being misappropriated and PETA unknowingly paid for the signs. There needs to be an IRS investigation.

The signs were clearly marked with the official PETA logo, and read "School shooters are hunters"...

A bit of a stretch, but if it gets them to waste money.....

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Signs with a strong consistent message would be helpful. Adding a web link on the signs could direct people to basic factual information.

I like this.

truegunfacts.org is available. We could snag that and use it to put properly cited statistics and facts about the gun buying process.

Just say the word Dan. I'll pay the $8 domain name fee. I think I might even have a place to host this. Let me know if you want me to proceed.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    The signs were clearly marked with the official PETA logo, and read "School shooters are hunters"...

A bit of a stretch, but if it gets them to waste money.....

I thought that was kind of a strange proclamation. The people with those signs were hard core nut jobs, looking like the only fun they can have is being miserable.

I did see the DB in a short clip, believe WJLA? The point they weeded out was good, but I'm afraid due process isn't a concern to people who dislike guns.

The CVH et al were pounding that anyone on a no fly list should be prohibited. Dan's remark on this was very excellent and deserved not being chopped. What did get in from Dan was, people on no fly list have had no due process, and a person can get put on it without it. What did not make it in, and I heard Dan explain, he gave very good explanations at all the way people are prohibited, but in each case they have been adjudicated.

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    I am very glad to be apart of this today, thanks for letting us know. It was a pleasure getting to meet other MDS'ers and putting faces with screen names.

This was the first time I attended an anti's rally so here are my thoughts:

* I believe that most of them are brainwashed. They are intentionally being confused as to terminology in order to invoke an emotional response. I overheard some conversations and they were being illogical in their own statements. They only repeat the key phrases that the Brady Bunch wants them to repeat without really understanding what they are saying.

* It was very disrespectful to jeer and boo during the service. I don't care if what was being said was wrong it made MSI look bad.

* Dan did a great job talking to the reporter and focusing on fixing the mental health issue on NICS.

* We (MSI) need to be there in greater numbers at EVERY Brady Bunch rally.

* We need to do a better job engaging the crowd and talking to them, not shouting at them. I overheard a few MSI members shouting "idiots" at them. This is only going to enforce stereo types of gun owners and build their resolve.

* We need to find common ground and separate out some of the issues, like mental health. They talk about "common sense background checks" but don't want mental health to be reported--That doesn't make sense.

* We need to come up with an education plan so that people outside of the gun community can understand what is being said. I doubt any of the antis there know what NICS is or that a criminal owning a gun is already illegal.

* We need to work on our image to come across as polite, respectful and intelligent in order to win some of their hearts. We need the image that we are there to help reduce gun violence too but how we want to do is different.

* Every one of those tragic stories were also cases for shall-issue permits. The one of the girl being shot by a criminal who bought a gun illegally was a great story. The girl couldn't have gotten her permit to defend herself and there was nothing in that story that would have been different with whatever legislation they want.

I truly enjoyed being a part of that event and hearing both sides. I feel like I have a better understanding now of what we are up against. I'm going to try to make it to more of these events in 2016 now that school is over I have more free time. Thanks again for the invite.

Jim, That was very well written and well done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom