• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Elite84

Oct 29, 2008
    Strictly no semiauto rifles shipped to md per owner of centerfire.... He can go pound sand

My order was cancelled

MudPuppy

Jul 20, 2012
    weld the stock open and chop the brake off like one of those ugly CA rifles

Muzzle brake + folding stock wouldn't fail feature test from what I can tell. Granted that MSP could say the muzzle brake is a flash suppressor regardless of proof to the contrary, just replace with barrel nut. Shouldn't need to correct both evil features, just one.

azmp1

Apr 11, 2012
    Carroll County
    ha.... just posted the same question (if its still legal or not) in another thread. Yes, these are definitely NOT AK's, have no interchangeable parts and functions differently from AK. I used to own vz58 and it was one of my favorite rifles. $400 for a vz2008 is a great deal! I'd pick one up in a heartbeat if it was still in stock

Elite84

Oct 29, 2008
    Holy crapparoni! I just called centerfire and it seems they took off their a$$hat. They said as long as my ffl is ok with the vz2008 they WILL ship it. One of the biggest thing was then gun does not come with a mag or accessories. My order is still good.

azmp1

Apr 11, 2012
    Carroll County
    ok so my FFL just told me the collapsible stock ones are now illegal due to overall length being under 39".... also he telling me the slanted mzzle break is considered flash hider.

is this right??

Classic is telling me its ok for MD btw. I'm so sick of this...

azmp1

Apr 11, 2012
    Carroll County
    Get a new FFL! Its over 29" extended (law is 29 not 39)

Actually he may have said 29, I just posted it wrong.... So then if the rifle is over 29 (just looked it up, it's 34 -folded) I shouldn't have a problem, I will call them again tomorrow.

EDIT: Ok, I'm wrong. Specs are 35 extended, 27 folded. At least that's what it said on classic's site. So then the folders are no good after all?
    I can always get a a regular stock and be done with it, but rather not, if I don't have to...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    OAL is measured with stock extended for folders. OTOH, if the stock is detachable, it's measured with stock removed.

azmp1

Apr 11, 2012
    Carroll County
    Excuse my ignorance, what is OAL and OTOH mean?
    In any case I will just use the FFL above since they had no issues with it, they're not too far from me and save myself the trouble of trying to argue with my FFL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom