• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LargemouthAss

Dec 27, 2012
    I've never asked my wife's permission to buy a gun or get a license, either, but I have to admit that I've done some strategic planning, at times, as to when she would see the new purchases. :innocent0

Me too. I have definitely left work early to intercept a FedEx package so she never saw it...

LargemouthAss

Dec 27, 2012
    :) I just convince my girl that she has seen them before and she just doesn't remember...

We recently moved to VA and I had to unpack the safe before moving it, I was able to do that without her noticing but when it came time to put them back in the safe at the new place....
    Needless to say her memory was not as good as she thought. I actually convinced her that she had not only seen my PTR91 but that she had shot it!

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Me too. I have definitely left work early to intercept a FedEx package so she never saw it...

My wife works out of town on Mondays, so if I place my order with just the right timing ... :innocent0

Seriously, though, she eventually sees everything I get, but I like to pick the right times to show them. I've also got a very good track record of periodically selling something that I bought (not just firearms) against her wishes, and making as much as several thousand % profit on it ... and I keep telling her that someday she can do whatever she wants with all of the stuff I have.

garhoades86

Nov 10, 2011
    Crofton, MD
    91/30's over the bridge.

Big Dog, a few miles south of the Hwy 301 bridge in VA, has a goodly number of 91/30s on the racks and in crates. Tulas, hexes, some pre-war stocks, etc.

Did you see a price on any of these? I am trying to buy one that has crappy furniture so i can fix it up as a project.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Did you see a price on any of these? I am trying to buy one that has crappy furniture so i can fix it up as a project.

Make sure you don't wind up with an SCW Mosin that you're hacking up. Most of the re-arsenaled ones that come out of the crates have pretty nice stocks. I guess "nice" is relative, though.

garhoades86

Nov 10, 2011
    Crofton, MD
    hmm $159 seems a bit high when i can get them for 130 at aim...i was hoping i could find one around that price that is local. Oh well, might still make that drive over the bridge.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County

hmm $159 seems a bit high when i can get them for 130 at aim...i was hoping i could find one around that price that is local. Oh well, might still make that drive over the bridge.

The ones at BDO almost all have really nice stocks. I didn't see any with crappy furniture, but a very few have shipping scuffs from a rack inside one of the crates breaking in transit. I don't know if they are selling those a bit lower, or not.

Are you figuring in shipping with AIM? That narrows the margin.

For most people, being able to hand-select their own without first having to commit to buy is worth a bit of a premium. But since you are looking for one that's got a rough stock to begin with, that wouldn't apply.

Elite84

Oct 29, 2008
    Aero precision lowers available at zink arms in perry hall $162 out the door. He also has SWAT Bilet lowers for $257 otd.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

Don't forget shipping at AIM (or conversely, sales tax on the ones at the LGS).

UpperMarlboroMan

Mar 11, 2013

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom