• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    So it seems it may be more cost effective to buy a stolen gun than to do a P80 build. That’s what I was curious about. Thanks for the answer!

Should we have a stolen gun section in the classifieds? :lol2::lol2:

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    So it seems it may be more cost effective to buy a stolen gun than to do a P80 build. That’s what I was curious about. Thanks for the answer!

I thought that was your angle with that question. That is how I see it too. Why would a criminal build an 80 percent, pay someone to build a new 80 percent or buy a new 80 percent from someone when you can buy a stolen one for a fraction of the cost? The MGA needs to STAY OFF OF MY LAWN!

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

well except for the possibly whole going to jail part...

Except identifying unidentifiable guns as stolen might be part of the point of the 80% thing?

This is Maryland. We're all going to jail eventually, or re-education camps. Personally, I'm waiting for MoCo to declare itself a sanctuary for Wuhan refugees.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    At least two more recovered last week and i know 2 were recovered last night

Attachments

• 9243DED3-57D1-4C40-8586-29543641AAB3.jpg
      9243DED3-57D1-4C40-8586-29543641AAB3.jpg
      45.7 KB · Views: 304

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    I'm waiting for MoCo to declare itself a sanctuary for Wuhan refugees.

Ah... good old natural selection at work. That Darwin guy was really on to something. :party29:

Aside from the total waste of tax payer dollars, I would be interested to see study results and how many ways they can twist facts.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Here’s some of the answers to the questions i had been pondering

So about 6% of last years firearm recoveries were 80% guns. That’s a lot more significant then i was expecting!

Attachments

• 20661850-E1EC-4502-BE84-E4BF2CC24EF0.jpg
      20661850-E1EC-4502-BE84-E4BF2CC24EF0.jpg
      75.8 KB · Views: 249

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Here’s some of the answers to the questions i had been pondering

So about 15% of last years firearm recoveries were 80% guns. That’s a lot more significant then i was expecting!

So DC wants to make carrying a ghost gun more illegaler? It's already verboten to possess an unregistered fiream and one can't legally carry without a DC permit.

More feel good BS legislation.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Damnit my poor math keeps getting quoted lol. I thought o corrected this one before it was quoted lol

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    So DC wants to make carrying a ghost gun more illegaler? It's already verboten to possess an unregistered fiream and one can't legally carry without a DC permit.

More feel good BS legislation.

That’s one of those things that’s always gotten me about this BS for Maryland.

In the VAST majority of cases where police might find a “ghost gun” on a person, they can likely hit them up for carry/transportation violations since many/most are handguns.

When it comes down to it, if there is even a bit of a question, in most cases police are in a position where they can pull a criminal history in the field even if it won’t reveal things like mental health holds/history and such forth. If they wanted to do their darned work, they could do further research later.

But the point is, in most cases they could figure out if the person is likely prohibited or not. If they are, a ghost gun or non-ghost gun, prohibited means you have them on a weapons charge. If they aren’t, it does not f-ing matter.

I get that making it easier for criminals to get a gun is a problem. But I’d consider the genie out of the bottle on this one. I don’t know how many 80s are out there, but I’d safely assume it is at least in the millions and I’d bet most of the ones being recovered are not the criminals themselves buying an 80, machining it and buying the components to make one. I’d bet anything most are coming from some enterprising individuals/groups who are making the guns to keep traceability back to them harder.

I’d further bet a state ban isn’t going to slow or effect that munch at all.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Noticed the part in there where it spoke about trying to allow victims of "ghost gun" (gosh I hate that term) crimes to sue the maker. Yeah, that will go over real well.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Noticed the part in there where it spoke about trying to hi allow victims of "ghost gun" (gosh I hate that term) crimes to sue the maker. Yeah, that will go over real well.

My guess is either they think that allows people to sue the maker of the P80, or maybe they think the manufacturer who did the final machining. Especially in case it wasn’t the person who used it in the violent crime.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I have a question. Does the "ghost gun" numbers reflect only home made firearms, or does it include firearms with filed off serial numbers?

I don’t fully have an answer to that but based off what I’ve seen i would 100% say it’s only P80s and 80% ARs.

Serial numbers are filed off but you can still identify make/model on guns. Those gun recoveries are always listed as “Recovered was a XXXXXX model XXXXX”

P80s are listed as “Recovered was a P80 ghost gun”

Based on how it’s listed daily is bet my paycheck they did it correctly instead of trying to juice these stats.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Looks like Del. Clippinger's HB1629 will pass Third Reader today and go over to the House. The cross-file SB1047 has its hearing today at 1pm in JPR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom