• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Says the member with 135 post to the member with 16,000 posts.

(Just a joke, no need to get upset and leave).
    I saw a guy from Feb 2013 that made his first post today (at least one that counted, he might have had an intro thread). I made it a point to do the forum equivalent of hello by quoting him. I don't doubt him when he said that he was a frequent forum reader.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Rolo

Mar 13, 2019
    Washington county
    I hate to be the one to state the obvious but the gun grabbers know that most of their gun bills will pass. They may have to amend a few things, but most will be signed into law. Partly because they know that Hogan is not going on record as pro 2A as long as he think's he has a snowball's chance of running for another public office. The other reason is the Democrats control the state. The only way to change Md is by voting them out of office. And I'm not sure there are enough pro2A voters in this state to get that done. I pray I'm wrong

Rolo

Mar 13, 2019
    Washington county
    Even Trump is supposedly pr2A and he wouldnt do anything when the Republicans had control of the house and the senate. Maybe the SCOTUS will give us some rights back but im not holding my breath

I hate to be the one to state the obvious but the gun grabbers know that most of their gun bills will pass. They may have to amend a few things, but most will be signed into law. Partly because they know that Hogan is not going on record as pro 2A as long as he think's he has a snowball's chance of running for another public office. The other reason is the Democrats control the state. The only way to change Md is by voting them out of office. And I'm not sure there are enough pro2A voters in this state to get that done. I pray I'm wrong

Not true. It doesn't matter who is the majority. When politicians violated our rights we have an obligation to remove them. If they are warned as they have now been (we will not comply) and they continue, we then have an obligation to follow through with our warning. If they then want to send their jack boots to enforce their illegal infringement then we remove them by force if need be. Exactly what the 2nd amendment was written for..

Rolo

Mar 13, 2019
    Washington county
    Not true. It doesn't matter who is the majority. When politicians violated our rights we have an obligation to remove them. If they are warned as they have now been (we will not comply) and they continue, we then have an obligation to follow through with our warning. If they then want to send their jack boots to enforce their illegal infringement then we remove them by force if need be. Exactly what the 2nd amendment was written for..

This is exactly why they want to restrict our rights. Threats against the government is not going to get us a seat at the negotiating table. And besides NJ had a similar slogan 4 or 5 years ago that said" i will not comply". Didn't get them anywhere. Politicans only understand one thing. Votes. Nothing else matters to them. Only how do i get the most votes to stay in office

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg

And there are some who doubt our resolve. (3rd box at bat)

This is exactly why they want to restrict our rights. Threats against the government is not going to get us a seat at the negotiating table. And besides NJ had a similar slogan 4 or 5 years ago that said" i will not comply". Didn't get them anywhere. Politicans only understand one thing. Votes. Nothing else matters to them. Only how do i get the most votes to stay in office

Since when do they negotiate?

Rob00taws6

Apr 4, 2013
    I have noticed a difference between Maryland’s anti second amendment laws. When you compare Maryland to New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, California and all the other liberal states Maryland does a decent job at forcing people to comply. I have voiced my opinion about this before, and I fear the Maryland general assembly a little more than other states. I don’t see much of a way to not comply with this new reality in Maryland. Correct me if my thinking is wrong, maybe the more the MGS takes the sooner people will wake up and vote these Bums out. Maybe the courts will step in sooner. Maybe I’m the crazy one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I have noticed a difference between Maryland’s anti second amendment laws. When you compare Maryland to New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, California and all the other liberal states Maryland does a decent job at forcing people to comply. I have voiced my opinion about this before, and I fear the Maryland general assembly a little more than other states. I don’t see much of a way to not comply with this new reality in Maryland. Correct me if my thinking is wrong, maybe the more the MGS takes the sooner people will wake up and vote these Bums out. Maybe the courts will step in sooner. Maybe I’m the crazy one?

Could you please humor me with an example of one such decent job they did? There's another term for "forcing people to comply" - it's called oppression.

Rolo

Mar 13, 2019
    Washington county
    I've also noticed that we in western Md don't get the information about the new laws they are voting on until its to late. I would say that there is a large number of pro gun voters that dont even know what goes on Annapolis . Hell i didn't until i found MSI and started getting email updates from them.theres nothing in the papers until the bills have already been voted on or are about to be

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

Yeah, shooting one or two police officers, or attempting to do so as the guy in Glen Burnie did and was shot to death, is not going to get the government to change its policies. It would require an all out revolution or a massive change at the voting booth. We might be close to the latter, but I doubt we are close to the former.

WWNC is not a new concept, as already mentioned. Doubt it has changed many legislatures' or governments' minds.

Heck, I am still waiting for Trump to address Obama's ATF rule 41f/41p and get rid of all the "new" stuff I need to do for my NFA gun trust. He promised he was going to take care of that his very first day in office, and that could be accomplished via an executive order, since Obama put it in place via an executive order. Not holding my breath.

If we cannot elect something more 2A friendly than Trump on a national level with a lot of red states involved in the election, what makes us think we can do better than Hogan here in Maryland?

Rolo

Mar 13, 2019
    Washington county
    Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that there are people that go to the meetings and let them know how the law abiding gun owners feel about their attempts to further infringe on our rights. But threats of violence won't sway their opinions in our direction. I'm worried that its going to take a turn in the wrong direction nation wide before we ever have the chance to carry concealed.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Sorry post 25

Not only did I read it, I quoted it and responded to it.

I do not see that as a threat of violence. What one may see as a threat, another may see it as a duty, as stated in the Declaration of Independence for example.

Muleskinner only suggested "force" once unconstitutional force was applied by the .gov.

Nobody that I have seen, or that I would agree with, is suggesting that "we" (general term) start it, and people who are willing to pay the piper most certainly DON'T want it to happen.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019

Attachments

• 00E6A4A6-7EAC-4DB2-985D-C3B98B3C3D48.jpeg
      00E6A4A6-7EAC-4DB2-985D-C3B98B3C3D48.jpeg
      56 KB · Views: 214
    Last edited:
    Yeah, shooting one or two police officers, or attempting to do so as the guy in Glen Burnie did and was shot to death, is not going to get the government to change its policies. It would require an all out revolution or a massive change at the voting booth. We might be close to the latter, but I doubt we are close to the former.

WWNC is not a new concept, as already mentioned. Doubt it has changed many legislatures' or governments' minds.

Heck, I am still waiting for Trump to address Obama's ATF rule 41f/41p and get rid of all the "new" stuff I need to do for my NFA gun trust. He promised he was going to take care of that his very first day in office, and that could be accomplished via an executive order, since Obama put it in place via an executive order. Not holding my breath.

If we cannot elect something more 2A friendly than Trump on a national level with a lot of red states involved in the election, what makes us think we can do better than Hogan here in Maryland?

I 'm a former LEO... once a cop decides that it's OK to violate a person's rights and steal their property, they become just a government sanctioned thief...I know when they come to take your guns you will be waiting for them with the keys to your safe...but some of us actually know why the 2nd amendment was written and will fulfill our patriotic duty and fight back...this forum is for people who actually support and defend the 2nd amendment...I will ask you again....why are you here? you don't believe in the 2A, you think all these infringing laws are legal...and that's fine...but please get off of your holier than thou soap box....few people here are listening when you rant about how we need to comply....it ain't happening

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom