• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Surprisingly this seems to be flying way too much under the radar with only a few days left for people to make official comment before the ATF makes a final determination on any devices increasing the rate of fire (very broad language being used).
    *My apologies in advance if a thread already exist

Potential here is banning of any and all aftermarket triggers, lighter BCG’s etc well beyond a piece plastic (bumpstock). This is the slippery slope that no one wanted and I haven’t seen much of anyone spread this info. I had just assumed any pro 2a media outlet or pro gun you tubers, NRA/GOA, FB groups etc etc would have passed this info around the web 50x by now, way better than those worthless petitions we often see

I already sent an email to the ATF several weeks ago stating my opinion. Remember not all ATF employees believe in these knee jerk reaction/unconstitutional gun laws, many of which are in fact pro 2a themselves so keep your emails strictly professional otherwise the ATF said they will disregard condescending/unprofessional comments.

Tim from MAC (Military Arms Channel on Youtube) interviewed the former chief of ATF’s technology dept yesterday and agrees this could be devastating for gun owners and no one is taking it serious..

Video here..

ATF Employee Warns About Bump Stock Ban!

[/QUOTE]

Link to leave official comment to the ATF is found here

https://www.federalregister.gov/doc...stocks-and-other-similar-devices#open-comment

As it stands today 1/19 (6am) there are only 5758 total comments, ATF posted end date shows 1/25 but some are saying it’s been moved up to 1/21 as the final deadline can’t comfirm that

Last edited:

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Done.

Banning bump stocks and other devices would no more reduce crime than making murder against the law. Oh wait .....

Bump stocks have no serial number so how can they be machine guns? They are not even guns......

Maryland passed the Firearms Safety Act in 2013, with VERY strict gun regulations. That ended all murders in Baltimore .......

I urge ATFEB to cease these actions.

Thank you.

TheRussianNightmare

Sep 17, 2012
    Done. I don't really even care about bump stocks. To me, they are a novelty. However, I DO care that a part of the executive branch is trying to change or reinterpret the law. They only have the legal authority to enforce the law, NOT change (Congress) or reinterpret (Judicial branch). ATF, stay in your ****ing lane.

Attempting this change seems like a big overstepping of authority, and abuse of power. ATF should probably be abolished anyway. Seems like a huge waste of money that could be rolled into the FBI or something.

Here is what I submitted:

Bump stocks should not be considered machine guns. Despite being able to achieve a higher rate of fire, the trigger IS depressed by the user, with each shot, thus not meeting the machine gun definition of "shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger".

"Bump firing" can be achieved by many methods, even without a "bump stock", therefore banning them will be ineffective at stopping a crime in which someone is determined to use it.

The ATF already determined that bump stocks were legal many years ago. Please do not let political forces pressure a change in law, without a new law being passed by Congress. That's not how our system works.

Banning bump stocks should require that Congress enact legislation, that is approved by the President. The executive branch should NOT be broadly reinterpreting the laws that are 50-80+ years old. It's function is to enforce existing laws, period.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    I embedded the video for those who wont click on links

ATF Employee Warns About Bump Stock Ban!

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    Surprisingly this seems to be flying way too much under the radar with only a few days left for people to make official comment before the ATF makes a final determination on any devices increasing the rate of fire (very broad language being used).
    *My apologies in advance if a thread already exist

Potential here is banning of any and all aftermarket triggers, lighter BCG’s etc well beyond a piece plastic (bumpstock). This is the slippery slope that no one wanted and I haven’t seen much of anyone spread this info. I had just assumed any pro 2a media outlet or pro gun you tubers, NRA/GOA, FB groups etc etc would have passed this info around the web 50x by now, way better than those worthless petitions we often see

I already sent an email to the ATF several weeks ago stating my opinion. Remember not all ATF employees believe in these knee jerk reaction/unconstitutional gun laws, many of which are in fact pro 2a themselves so keep your emails strictly professional otherwise the ATF said they will disregard condescending/unprofessional comments.

Tim from MAC (Military Arms Channel on Youtube) interviewed the former chief of ATF’s technology dept yesterday and agrees this could be devastating for gun owners and no one is taking it serious..

Video here..
    https://youtu.be/IMw0g7m8IVE

Link to leave official comment to the ATF is found here

https://www.federalregister.gov/doc...stocks-and-other-similar-devices#open-comment

As it stands today 1/19 (6am) there are only 5758 total comments, ATF posted end date shows 1/25 but some are saying it’s been moved up to 1/21 as the final deadline can’t comfirm that
    Done, up to almost 8,000 posts now. I wrote a lengthy one that I won't repost here, but included a reference to the specific statue of law that is supposed to protect against vaguely worded law proposals.

Let's hope they stop this quickly.

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    Thanks OP for bringing this up, this is important. I hope this thread will continue to be bumped (pun intended) so more people will see and comment. This issue has gotten way too little attention. My comment has been submitted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom