• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MocoJed

Nov 16, 2015
    Loco Moco
    Recently purchased a Walther PPS M2. I can't for the life of me find some additional mags anywhere, which I am guessing is because they are fairly new. I am specifically looking for the 8 round extended mag, but at this point would probably settle for the 6 or 7 rnd versions.

Any advice on where to look? Tried all the major online vendors, Buds, Midway, etc. and even the Walther site. Anyone seen any out there? Online or brick and mortar? I'd love to pick up a few before heading to the range.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Recently purchased a Walther PPS M2. I can't for the life of me find some additional mags anywhere, which I am guessing is because they are fairly new. I am specifically looking for the 8 round extended mag, but at this point would probably settle for the 6 or 7 rnd versions.

Any advice on where to look? Tried all the major online vendors, Buds, Midway, etc. and even the Walther site. Anyone seen any out there? Online or brick and mortar? I'd love to pick up a few before heading to the range.
    Are you here in Maryland?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Sadly, yes. They are perfectly legal to have shipped to me, just can't find anywhere selling them.

Just asking because I didn't see the PPS M2 on the MD handgun roster yet.

I would give this place a call ...

http://www.carlwalther.com/ppsm2.htm

Their online ordering doesn't work. I've gotten hard to find Walther parts and accessories from them in the past.

Looking forward to your PPS M2 range report. :thumbsup:

MocoJed

Nov 16, 2015
    Loco Moco
    Just asking because I didn't see the PPS M2 on the MD handgun roster yet.

I would give this place a call ...

http://www.carlwalther.com/ppsm2.htm

Their online ordering doesn't work. I've gotten hard to find Walther parts and accessories from them in the past.

Looking forward to your PPS M2 range report. :thumbsup:

Sold by a MD FFL and the paperwork wasn't rejected... maybe not enough changes from the original to warrant its own slot on the roster? This is Maryland, these things seem to change 1. depending on who you talk to and 2. which way the wind is blowing...

The site you posted looks promising as all others I have visited list out of stock. Will have to give them a ring on Monday.

I will mostly be comparing it to a G26, hopefully will be able to do so on Tuesday.

No dice there, but bookmarked as I need to explore there more thoroughly! Thanks.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Give Greg a shout. Magazines are his specialty.

GregCoteLLC.com

He used to set up shop here in the PRofMD until FSA2013 forced him to move out of state because he sold 'hi-capacity' magazines.

Maryland: No magazine above 10 rounds or no magazine above 10 rounds to anyone using a billing address in the state of MD.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Sold by a MD FFL and the paperwork wasn't rejected... maybe not enough changes from the original to warrant its own slot on the roster? This is Maryland, these things seem to change 1. depending on who you talk to and 2. which way the wind is blowing...

The site you posted looks promising as all others I have visited list out of stock. Will have to give them a ring on Monday.

I will mostly be comparing it to a G26, hopefully will be able to do so on Tuesday.

I'll be joining you as a PPS M2 owner so was curious/hopeful.

Yeah, Earl's Repair place is usually the best place to go when others are out. There is a slight premium, but it's better than waiting 6 months for something in limited quantities.

I saw Hickok45 compare the PPS M2 to the Glock 26 (my favorite carry right now is the P99 AS Compact, which is the same size), and he noted the M2, with its beefy slide, is actually heavier than the G26.*

I handled a G43 and a PPS M2 today, and while I like the small dimensions and light weight of the G43, the PPS M2 fit my hand great and had an awesome trigger reset. It also had a clean break (just dry firing), albeit slightly heavier than the PPQ.

EDIT: *I look up the numbers. He's a little off. The Glock 26 is 22 oz. unloaded and 28 oz. loaded. The Glock 43 is 18 oz. unloaded and 22.4 oz. loaded. The Walther PPS M2 is 21 oz. unloaded and 25.4 oz. loaded.

Last edited:

MocoJed

Nov 16, 2015
    Loco Moco
    Awesome. I forgot about that thread (which I participated in, lol). The state is behind in updating its online roster. I'm getting the LE version with 3 mags. ;)

Yes, that would have been my preference. Post up how that 8 round mag is. I doubt I would realistically ever use the 6 rnd mag, my hands are too big.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    So, I need to get this Walther now?

Ha, you will get to shoot it when we next hit the range (and compare it with your new G43), and can make up your mind then. I held it and the G43 today. By size and weight, the G43 wins. The PPS M2 isn't quite Sig P239 heavy, but it's mass is noticeable. I like the PPS M2 trigger and grip though.

I want it because I want a slimmer modern Walther even if the P99 AS Compact will likely remain my favorite carry option. Despite the mag button release on the PPS M2, the feel and trigger pull reminds me a lot of the PPQ (M1).

But after playing with the Talo G43 today (with its blazing orange sun front site), I also want one of those. :D

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    As far as if the PPS M2 is available for sale in MD, it depends on which FFL you ask. Ms Jenkins from the MD Handgun Board had emailed me previously saying that the M2 was going to be on the 19 March 2016 update, but that didn't happen. I emailed her again on 5 April 2016 and her response was, "Actually, The PPS M2 is scheduled for a 5/16 update". I have the LE version (night sights and 3 mags) on backorder through one of my FFLs and he stated that it has to be on the roster, specifically, so he can't release it until it appears. Another one of my FFLs would release it, but it was already on order so hopefully, it will make the 5/16 update. Again, it depends on which FFL you deal with regarding whether they will sell it before it is officially (M2 version) put on the roster.

As far as mags go, I also was looking for 8 round mags to purchase ahead of time and after having no luck anywhere, I emailed Walther customer service. Their response (Dallas Polk, the Walther CS guy) on 2/24/16 was:

"We are currently waiting on a shipment. We should have more mags in stock in a few weeks. You can place an order over the phone as soon as we receive them in stock. 479-242-8500".

I suggest you call them to see if they have any available yet.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I just called Walther and they were expecting the PPS M2 mags in earlier this month and they aren't here yet, and they have no idea when they will get here. He said since they are past their expected arrival date, they are probably being held up in customs. His suggestion was to watch the Walther website, and when they get in, they will be posted in the magazine section.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    As far as if the PPS M2 is available for sale in MD, it depends on which FFL you ask. Ms Jenkins from the MD Handgun Board had emailed me previously saying that the M2 was going to be on the 19 March 16 update, but that didn't happen. I emailed her again on 5 April 2016 and her response was, "Actually, The PPS M2 is scheduled for a 5/16 update". I have the LE version (night sights and 3 mags) on backorder through one of my FFLs, and he stated that it has to be on the roster, specifically, so he can't release it until it appears. Another one of my FFLs would release it, but it was already on order so hopefully, it will make the 5/16 update. Again, it depends on which FFL you deal with regarding whether they will sell it before it is officially (M2 version) put on the roster.

As far as mags go, I also was looking for 8 round mags to purchase ahead of time and after having no luck anywhere, I emailed Walther customer service. Their response (Dallas Polk, the Walther CS guy) on 2/24/16 was:

"We are currently waiting on a shipment. We should have more mags in stock in a few weeks. You can place an order over the phone as soon as we receive them in stock. 479-242-8500".

I suggest you call them to see if they have any available yet.

Hope that helps.

My LGS made a similar argument that Nate did in the other thread. The new PPS is simply engraved with PPS on the pistol (not PPS M2), and just like when a revolver like the S&W 686 made the roster, and there are serial iterations that later come out (686-1, 686-2, 686-3, ...) that change the hammer, include an internal lock, etc, these are not restricted for sale (or resubmitted to the handgun board to inspect). I'm extending the analogy a bit because the roster requirement probably started after the 686-1.

Walther is marketing these pistols, the PPQ and PPS M1 and M2 in the same calibers as previously. Even if there are cosmetic changes, trigger updates, and a new variation of a mag release, if it Walther is maintaining PPK, PPQ, PPS, lines, they probably should not need to be resubmitted unless there is a caliber expansion.

Notably, when Walther made a PPQ in 45 ACP, they engraved it as such (and I don't know if this needed a sample submission, just a caliber addition at the roster).

Thanks for the tip on where to order PPS mags.

MocoJed

Nov 16, 2015
    Loco Moco
    I just called Walther and they were expecting the PPS M2 mags in earlier this month and they aren't here yet, and they have no idea when they will get here. He said since they are past their expected arrival date, they are probably being held up in customs. His suggestion was to watch the Walther website, and when they get in, they will be posted in the magazine section.

Will be checking hourly :D

Thanks for the heads up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom