• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • case XX

Jun 19, 2008
    AA County
    Wondering if anyone here might have thoughts on the value of a 1971 Gen2 Colt SAA 45LC 4 3/4", blued with color case frame. Condition is very good, possibly unfired, no cylinder groove, the only thing that keeps it from being as new is some very very light damage to bluing on the grip portion of the frame due to oil from hands.

I have looked at Gunbroker completed listings but they are all over the place, most didn't sale and most don't match the specs on this one.

Hoping someone here might have some idea of value.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I'm going to estimate somewhere around $1400. Some might call that high but I'm also basing it on how difficult it is for collectors to find new SAA's available, which I think is going to start driving prices up on the used guns. Second gen by itself doesn't add a lot of value to it and unfortunately the wear on the backstrap is going to drag it down some, SAA collectors are picky.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    It's a Model 1873, somebody can give him an appraisal, actually many somebodies.
    OK, but he said it was manufactured in 1971. I guess he could just get a value from some of the Colt guys. Cannot change hands though. I had a table at this show in the past and they are very strict on their rules. They have observers in every row that watch what is on the tables and what is bought and sold.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    No box or papers, pics match the description but I know everyone here likes pics so here are a couple pics in crappy lighting. The backstrap looks worse in these pics than in person.

Man that is sweet. Looks to be in excellent condition. You should send for the Colt letter on it. Cost you about $100.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Nice looking Colt! I can't really tell from the pics., are the grips imitation or real Ivory? Looking at the fit toward the bottom of the backstrap, I'm thinking that they were put on the gun some time after original purchase. If they are original, they should have the SN. penciled on the back side. I doubt that a factory letter would add enough value to justify the cost, especially for a late production 2nd gen. . That gun is a keeper but, if you do decide to sell, I may be interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom