• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Hi All

I've gotten tired of taking the Metro down to the Mall in DC to watch the Fourth of July fireworks with the family. One has to get there early to get a decent viewing location and the crowds at the Metro station when the firework display ends is so thick that it can take a while before one can even get into the station.

So this year the family and I are thinking of watching the fireworks somewhere closer to home (Northern MoCo or Frederick County is preferred) but we don't know where to go to see a good fireworks display. We'd like to go some place where we can get to around 8:00 PM and still find parking and a spot to sit and watch the fireworks.

Your suggestions would be much appreciated by the family and me. Thanks for your help.

Cal68

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Baker Park in Frederick is usually good.
    Middletown in Frederick is also pretty good.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    There was an overlook up in the Fredneck watershed where you could see fireworks from a distance.

Not sure if it's still open though.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    There was an overlook up in the Fredneck watershed where you could see fireworks from a distance.

Just don't confuse it with the overlook going up 270. There have been reports of untoward activity going on up there. Illicit encounters in the back of a Ryder truck or back in the woods.

Again... I have just HEARD these things are happening.

Sewer Rat

Ultimate Member

Its still there, parking for maybe a dozen vehicles, but a very nice view. Caught the fireworks from the baseball game one evening up there.

We like Baker Park, friend of a friend has an office building that we park at and hang out at the church above the hill over Baker Park. Pain in the ass when leaving, even after waiting until all the marshmellows are cooked on the grill....

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    I would have said Catonsville firework 10 years ago but no more. People are putting big blue tarps down in the best spots like 4 day before the 4th and then some don't show. Plus the "firework Committee" ropes off a large section for them selfs, family abd friends to sit which again is in one of the best spots. Then on the parade route it's the samething with chairs lined up and down the street days before it happens. The part that really ticks me off about these people is that they just leave their chairs and tarps there to have someone else to clean up after them.

Petar

Nov 18, 2010
    Montgomery Village/Gaithersburg - Rte 124 & I-270 (People use the Park & Ride lot) also bunch line along sides of I-270

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    MoCo already celebrated Independence Day in early June this year so it wouldn't conflict with Ramadan. The theme was green energy, not American Independence.

Oops, that wasn't MoCo; it was the US Embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia.

MoCo probably banned it altogether, because it's a symbol of America's racist past (and present).

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Wow, lot of great advice for me. Thanks guys!

My inclination is to drive up to Frederick and see the fireworks since I live just of I-270. Can someone confirm if the fireworks are really going to happen on 6/27 which is tomorrow (Saturday) and not on the 4th itself? That seems weird since the 4th is also a Saturday.

Thanks again for all the great suggestions.

Cal68

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom