Carry at the Great American Sports Show?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    I live in Maryland and have my Utah CCW permit. I don't get to carry often and I was wondering if you are permitted to carry at the Harrisburg show? I am still adjusting to my responsibility but feel that I should carry where I am permitted. It appears that guns are allowed and the show is going to follow the PA regs but I would like to be sure.

Any info would be great as well as any resource that I could study moving forward for the different states.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curmudgeon

I H8 stinkbugz
    Sep 6, 2010
    York, Pennsylvania
    I found this post over on the PAFOA forum...

I'll be passing through on Sunday, so I plan to stop by.

Conceal Carry is allowed at this show. I had to email the admins to find out. Their wonderful response:

"Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email. Concealed carry, with the proper license, is permitted at the Great American Outdoor Show.

Have a great day,
    Megan"

Post #41, from just 2 days ago... http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/242045-great-american-outdoor-show-page-3.html

If I were you I would email them myself, just so you have your own "copy" for piece of mind. It would sure suck to drive up to Harrisburg and found out that you have been misinformed.

General Inquiries and Event Information

Phone: 1-800-672-4868
    Email: GAOS@nrahq.org

;)

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    Thanks for the reply, had no issues at the show and was really comfortable. I am sure that it was because of the like minded people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tailboardtech

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2011
    upperco
    I'm headed to the show tomorrow for the day, first one so I'm excited. How was it?

See my post in the other thread, me and dad carried all day up there, carry is permitted on the farm show complex. Heck I even open carried up there during the fire expo

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    I feel like that is one place that I would not need to carry at? Only cause I would feel very safe with the fact I knowing that there will be a lot of law abiding citizens already carrying

Curmudgeon

I H8 stinkbugz
    Sep 6, 2010
    York, Pennsylvania
    I feel like that is one place that I would not need to carry at? Only cause I would feel very safe with the fact I knowing that there will be a lot of law abiding citizens already carrying

And how exactly do you know this? And what responsibility do those citizens have for your safety when you seem to abdicate your own involvement in it?

By the way, safety is not a feeling. Safety is a function of preparation. ;)

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    In PA there are very few places actually prohibited and "no weapons" signs don't carry any legal weight, they can only ask you to leave. To each their own, but unless a place is legally off limit, or has metal detectors, I carry concealed.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Saw some OC'ers today, refreshing. TONS of display guns being fondled, including about 6 DT·11s at the Beretta area ($9k dollar o/u).
    Good time, but effin PACKED, wall to wall people.

RMM69

Feb 22, 2008
    Dunkirk
    Good day at the show. I sported the sneaky Pete for the first time. After 5 minutes I didn't realize it was there. Not crowded at all. Got to see Ted Nugent,Ken Penrod, Lee & Tiffany Lakosky. Didn't notice any conceal carry going on but I was too busy looking at vendors so I wouldn't miss anything.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I'm hoping to head back Saturday, but depends on weather. Friend of mine wants to look at some bows. I will prob have a hard time not spending money.

TD

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom