• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dlmarion

Feb 6, 2013
    Carroll County
    Looking for a new pistol for the wife. My current pistol has too much recoil for her, but she likes to shoot. I'm leaning toward the Sig Classic 22 because they have an option to get a separate slide and magazine to shoot other calibers. Does anyone have any experience with this type of Sig? Is it marketing? Is it worth it? Thanks,

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Worth it.

Their caliber exchange kits are the real deal, 22_ slide barrel and recoil spring/guide rod. They are usually available in 9mm .357sig and .40 s&w

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Just picked up a Ruger SR22 for the wife and she loves it. I have not shot the sig but we tried a handful of .22 pistols and she picked the ruger.

I also have to admit while i didnt care for the size I am also able to shoot it well. I preferred the size of the M&P22

dlmarion

Feb 6, 2013
    Carroll County
    Thanks gents for the info. Now I just need to find an FFL that has what I want and is releasing on time. Time to scour the IP forum, hopefully there is a sticky.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    the ruger is nice. my buddy got one for his wife... she likes it a lot. I shot it just for the hell of it and its a nice weapon

dlmarion

Feb 6, 2013
    Carroll County
    Thanks for the info. We picked up a SR22 this morning. My wife didnt like the sig, too heavy for her. Glad I took her with me as I would have bought the sig.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    i was looking at one of the sr-22's. not sure how i felt about the damn light on it thought lol. whats a goood price on these? it felt kind of small in my hand but seemed like decent quality

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    i was looking at one of the sr-22's. not sure how i felt about the damn light on it thought lol. whats a goood price on these? it felt kind of small in my hand but seemed like decent quality

If you saw one for sale with a light on it, it must have been part of a package deal. Most are sold without the light, some with a light and some with a laser. So if you don't want the light, you don't have to pay for it.

Prices vary, you'll have to do some research, but as a rough comparison at cabelas they range from $329 (basic model - black slide/black frame, non-threaded barrel) to $419 (with laser).

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Ruger-SR-Rimfire-Pistol/1330466.uts

ffemtreed

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2011
    Wilmington, NC
    I have an SR22 and it is by far my favorite pistol to shoot. I have LOTS of rounds through it and it never jammed. Its light, feels good in my hand and is just plain fun to shoot.

The only issue i have with it is that the rubber on the grip tends to slide off the frame.

I debated between the SR22 and the MP22 for awhile and decided on the SR22. That comes from someone who loves the M&P line and owns a 9mm .45 and shield from the M&P line.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Can't wait to shoot my fiancee's new SR22. She got it after loving the soft kick of my Tactical Solutions Glock 17 conversion kit. The SR 22 seems to be a well built gun.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom