• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 3, 2013
    Folks,

After months of hard work across the State, including creation of the website www.upholdmyoath.com, and after months of hard work helping Cecil County, we are ready to bring a Second Amendment Preservation Resolution to vote in Carroll County.

Please join me and the Commissioners for this epic event:
    WHEN: Wednesday, May 22nd 7:00 pm.
    WHERE: Carroll Community College Building K, Room 100

WE NEED YOU THERE TO HELP US PASS THIS RESOLUTION. You will have a chance to speak. If you have questions, call 410-386-2075 or phone me at 240-315-5844 (If I do not answer, TEXT me) Commissioner Richard Rothschild

OVERVIEW:

1) THE BAD: This is not a "Silver Bullet" and it will not fix all that is wrong. As a county commissioner, I cannot repeal bad state laws. However, I do want you to know, we are trying to do something that has (for all practical purposes) never before been done effectively in America by a County. This has not been easy. It requires buy-in from multiple commissioners, multiple branches of government; our county attorney; and multiple political activist groups.

2) THE GOOD: Regardless, by ANY definition, it is a bold step in the direction of beginning to restore power back to the people to whom it belongs. Most importantly, it sends a message to Annapolis: "NO MORE... WE WILL RESIST!"

2) MORE GOOD: It does start the process of playing offense rather than being trapped in the role of always being defenseless victims of the state's overreach. As I have always said, the state does this to us "BECAUSE WE LET THEM, and by failing to fight back, we have demonstrated we will tolerate the intolerable... and this has been emboldened them."

3) So what does it do? The Resolution contains multiple provisions. My personal goal is to declare null and void (as a minimum) elements of the MD Firearms Safety Act (MFSA) that infringe on the right to keep and bear arms. All items may not pass the final vote.. I cannot predict how my fellow commissioners will vote, but here is the big picture:

a) It resolves to not authorize county resources to enforce most elements of the MFSA including the following:
    - Restrictions on any non-fully automatic weapons
    - Restrictions on magazine capacities and accessories such as flash
    suppressors, bayonet mounts, and stock.
    -Refuses requirement for registration of existing lawfully owned firearms
    -Prohibit use and transportation restrictions on any non-fully automatic
    firearm

b) It resolves to support our Executive, and Judicial branches of government at the local level to defend our citizens' 2A rights. We will affirm our resolve and support for the executive and judicial branches to not arrest or prosecute under MFSA except under certain conditions. Additionally, we will affirm support for any decisions by the executive branch (sheriff) to interpose on behalf of citizens in order to protect them from State or Federal overreach.

c) It declares null and void any and all international treaties including the UN Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) inside of Carroll County that infringe on 2A protections.

d) Under review- I am still exploring the possibility of having our executive branch obtain NICS #s for dealers of handguns.

e) Under review- I am still exploring the possibility of requiring jurors to receive special training on the Second Amendment and nullification prior to adjudicating any criminal 2A cases.

f) A couple of additional surprises you will like. Come to the meeting and see for yourself.

BOTTOM LINE: Say your prayers and come to the open session on May 22nd. WE NEED YOU TO BE THERE. I NEED YOU TO BE THERE... and I need your support. REMEMBER THIS IS A FIRST-STEP that can open the door for more action in the future. However, there are many that want us to fail.

With you through Christ and the Constitution,
    Commissioner Richard Rothschild

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Richard we've met and talked at various points. Unless ya royally F up you have my vote for life. I'm glad to be a Carroll County resident and fellow patriot. I'm also honored to more than likely share a spot with you on several gubmint watchlists.

jcrickell

May 13, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    I live in the dreaded City of Baltimore

I live in the dreaded democrat run City of Baltimore, and I have my Utah Concealed Carry Permit. There are too many senseless illegal gun toting idiots in the city, and I refuse to be a victim to anyone of them. My dad lives in Westminster, I might be moving to a more gun friendly area.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Folks,

c) It declares null and void any and all international treaties including the UN Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) inside of Carroll County that infringe on 2A protections.

Nice addition.

Why not also include something about U.S. Federal Laws that infringe on 2A protection? E.g. If the Federal AWB actually were ever to be passed.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Nice addition.

Why not also include something about U.S. Federal Laws that infringe on 2A protection? E.g. If the Federal AWB actually were ever to be passed.

Sheriff Tregoning has already signed onto the "Sheriff Mack Pledge" to make that call...

Commissioner... We spoke at some length back in January at the Frederick NRA expo, and I was taken with your commitment. After hearing you speak Saturday, I was even more interested in your ideas.

Now, if we can just get the word to spread among other counties (AA in particular), others may fall this way.

We need to reclaim our state... and this is as good a way as I have heard...

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Thank you for your hard work Commissioner! I am proud to be a Carroll County resident and I will be there to show my support!

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Commissioner

I will be there with my family and I put word out to the Carroll County HotShots. A 4H shooting sports program for youth 8 to 18. I sent you and email requesting some information to pass on the club.

We may have some kids that want to speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom