• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • case XX

Jun 19, 2008
    AA County
    Anyone have any personal experience with either of these. I have been considering joining one of them, I do most of my shooting on my property but I am currently limited by daylight hours and only have around 50 yards for rifle with my layout so those are the main reasons I am looking to join somewhere.

I have been to AAF&G to watch a couple of shoots but haven't seen the entire facility, I think my main concern here is the limited hours they have and how dificult it may be to get a spot on the 100meter range as I think they only have 6 shooting positions.

12th precinct is at most 5 minutes from me so thats a plus but it doesn't look like they have a rifle range other than rimfire based on their website. I haven't been to their facility as I don't know if they frown upon impromptu visits, I know they have a sign out from stating members only.

Any others that are within say 20-30 minutes of Harwood that I should be looking at?

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    I would look at the Associated Gun clubs. They have a large facility. I have never had to wait to shoot in the 12 years I've been a member.

tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    i was a member of AAF&G for over seven years, didn't re-join this year. nothing to do with the range or the people. center fire hours just put a limit on the working guy..
    GREAT bunch of people..
    harder to join now.
    mon-fri- centerfire hours, 10am to 4pm.
    sat 10am -1pm
    sun- no centerfire hours.
    most MATCHES are open to public.

Last edited:

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I beleive that 12th Precinct is now a non-charter club of the Associated Gun Club of Baltimore or they are in the process of becoming one.

In any case, the AGC has over 30 clubs and has both a 100 and 200 yard rifle range that allows for any type of rifle shooting you may want to do.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I beleive that 12th Precinct is now a non-charter club of the Associated Gun Club of Baltimore or they are in the process of becoming one.

In any case, the AGC has over 30 clubs and has both a 100 and 200 yard rifle range that allows for any type of rifle shooting you may want to do.

What exactly does this mean? If you're a member of the 12th Precinct you get access to other ranges??

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County

The 12th Precinct is now a AGC club so if he joins the 12th Precinct all that needs to be done is to buy the $150 range badge from the AGC and shoot at both places.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    The 12th Precinct is now a AGC club so if he joins the 12th Precinct all that needs to be done is to buy the $150 range badge from the AGC and shoot at both places.

What is the ACG price without this affiliation?

ETA - Nevermind. ACG is over an hour from me.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    I enjoy 12th precinct for pistol but you are limited to .22 rim fire rifles only.
    It is nice to be able to shoot after dark.
    For the money it's hard to beat.

Old Gaffer

Jun 26, 2006
    12th precinct is at most 5 minutes from me so thats a plus but it doesn't look like they have a rifle range other than rimfire based on their website. I haven't been to their facility as I don't know if they frown upon impromptu visits, I know they have a sign out from stating members only.

I'm the current President of 12th Precinct - if you want to visit, PM me and we'll work out a time that works for you. We have bullseye league shooting on Wednesday evening and Saturday morning so there's almost always someone there then (unless the weather really stinks) and I'm 99% sure I'll be there tomorrow evening to practice air pistol, if nothing else.

I'll also be in Annapolis on Thursday (testifying against stupid gun bills) and can stop by the club on the way home if that works for you.

If you want to see the facility, I'll make it happen. I personally think it's the best all-around bargain for what it offers vs what it costs - a couple of hundred members agree with me...

All the best,
    Rob

p.s. - that sign? I'm getting a new one made up that says "Members and their Guests"

case XX

Jun 19, 2008
    AA County
    Thanks to all for the responses. I checked this thread for a couple of days after posting and forgot to check it the last few days so I didn't realize it had picked up some traction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom