• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • embermage

Sep 20, 2013
    Rising Sun
    Now that I have a M48A and a 24/47 I wouldn't put either in the class of a Vz. 24. Not that the Yugos are crap, but it reminds me very similarly of the difference between my Yugo Tok's vs my Polish Tok's.

One's a workhorse, tough and does the job, the other is just NICE in every aspect.

Edit: And my shooter Mosin 91/30 will easily outshoot both Yugo Mausers with authority. See Range Pics thread.

Isn't a Vz24 a Czech model rather than a Yugo?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I was cleaning some of my mil surfs yesterday.
    I still am impressed at how clean the Spanish Mauser bore is. I'll bet these get sporterized a bit. Mine is shooting great with the custom sight on it. My son made one for Toolness so that's on its way this week

jkeiler

Mar 25, 2013
    Bowie
    They are relatively inexpensive. Dennis at Empire Arms usually has them for around $300.

A real beater (ex-Central American Navy that saw the worst of it--not to mention whatever IDF conscripts handed out beforehand) maybe. But if he posts one for that in decent condition please let me know. I'd be surprised if he let a good one go for that today. I'd say $4-600 is more realistic for a decent one in today's market.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I still am impressed at how clean the Spanish Mauser bore is. I'll bet these get sporterized a bit. Mine is shooting great with the custom sight on it. My son made one for Toolness so that's on its way this week

Awesome thanks!

SAMCO told me they were sending me a "call tag via email" to return mine for a replacement, but I haven't heard back from them. They move real slow, I just hope they still have some left in stock that are in better shape than mine!

If they never get back to me, I'll keep it to real light cast loads after shooting the rifle remotely a couple times to be sure it will be safe.

I might try to find a replacement bolt if I keep this one also, the rifle itself seems sound.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri

What ever happened to that sight, anyways :)

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Old Thread Revival.

I was asked to post the complete White Labs test data on the SAMCO M1916 Spanish Mausers re-chambered in .308. It originally came off the interwebs so Here you go:

Attachments

• Samco Test Results P1.JPG
      Samco Test Results P1.JPG
      162 KB · Views: 166
    • Samco Test Results P2 C.JPG
      Samco Test Results P2 C.JPG
      71 KB · Views: 157
    • Samco Test Results P3.JPG
      Samco Test Results P3.JPG
      112.9 KB · Views: 169

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Old Thread Revival.

I was asked to post the complete White Labs test data on the SAMCO M1916 Spanish Mausers re-chambered in .308. It originally came off the interwebs so Here you go:

Thank you for this! I need to save these images because I always, ALWAYS wind up being that guy in the argument about the .308 conversions who points to the White Labs tests that show they are safe.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Too bad they went **** up, is there another similar to them other than Century? I bought a P08 ejector from them years ago, no problem.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Too bad they went **** up, is there another similar to them other than Century? I bought a P08 ejector from them years ago, no problem.

Not really. JG Sales still does a decent amount of business in the true C&R world, but they're not an importer and wholesaler like SAMCO and Century were/are.

When SAMCO and Springfield Sporters got snapped up by various entities during their fire-sales, I was amazed to see the amount of GOOD stuff that SAMCO was holding onto while peddling rougher items online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom