• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    As did mine. Filed on 1/11. Came through on 1/20, so maybe 9 days depending on how you count.

According to a conversation a few years back with MSP licensing, your release date will be the right day unless the previous day of your normal release is either a Sunday or Federal holiday. While your eighth day was 1/18, the day before was a Sunday pushing it off a day. However, the day before 1/19 was Martin Luther Kings birthday, pushing it off another day. Thank God that MSP actual s ends out the release dates to the dealer and the notifies to the customer. Under the old paperwork system, it was easy to get confused

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Filed 1/14, not disapproved 1/21 at 0601 hrs. BTW, what date does MSP use to start the 30 day waiting period before okay purchase another regulated gun? And I understand you can make the purchase ahead of time you just can’t pick it up before 30 days, is that correct?

MSP starts the clock on the day you picked up your firearm based on the actual day of transfer. The day of pickup is day 1...so you can pick up another on the 31st day. And, yes, you can start a purchase prior to the 31st day. They will not give you a release date until your next eligible date (after 30 days with no Sunday or Fed Holiday the day before your otherwise normal pickup date).

Shore88

Dec 20, 2020
    Eastern Shore
    MSP starts the clock on the day you picked up your firearm based on the actual day of transfer. The day of pickup is day 1...so you can pick up another on the 31st day. And, yes, you can start a purchase prior to the 31st day. They will not give you a release date until your next eligible date (after 30 days with no Sunday or Fed Holiday the day before your otherwise normal pickup date).
    Thank you sir!

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Last Thursday (21 Jan) I filled out the paperwork at J2 for a 1911 transfer around noon.

Just now, Thursday, 28 Jan, at 0600 on the button, I got my email from MSP.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Last year I bought a handgun at Chantilly on Sunday, did the paperwork on that Sunday with TomKat. The following Sunday, I got my Not disapproved via e-mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom