• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    -Acquired a decent Glisenti 1910 pistol many years ago as a "parts gun" at auction. Upon arrival I found the only parts it needed were a pin, grip and magazine. I fab'd the pin and installed repop grips and magazine. Over time I've sourced original grips and magazine.
    -The one thing I really wanted was a holster but this puppy proved very elusive. More than a decade passed before I ran across a holster in Italy. It wasn't cheap @ $350 but it was complete and in VG condition. So I pulled on my Big Boy Pants and plunked down the cash.
    -After 3 weeks of sweating over the dis-functional Italian and US postal services it arrived intact. Actually in much better condition than the seller's photos showed. Love that the original dark olive green color still shows well.
    -So the last item on the punch list is a lanyard. Somebody in Italy makes a replica, that might be my only recourse as I've never seen an original offered for sale.

Attachments

• IMGP9252.JPG
      IMGP9252.JPG
      58.8 KB · Views: 221
    • IMGP9256.JPG
      IMGP9256.JPG
      48.6 KB · Views: 211
    • IMGP9250.JPG
      IMGP9250.JPG
      60.6 KB · Views: 237
    • IMGP9254.JPG
      IMGP9254.JPG
      53.7 KB · Views: 223
    • IMGP9251.JPG
      IMGP9251.JPG
      98.9 KB · Views: 240

bpm32

Nov 26, 2010
    Nice! Three weeks from Europe, through Customs, and through USPS is great right now. I have a few things on the way and it’s been a couple months. Unless you use DHL—for whatever reason they’re blazingly fast.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Nice! Always wanted a Glisenti M1910 but every one I’ve seen has broken grips. From what I’ve seen parts breaking on them is common.

Not the strongest design. If you shoot 9x19 Para ammo in them they will break, being only strong enough for the 9mm Glisenti round that's more like 9mm short power levels. I got lucky in that the auctioneer scared everyone off and I was able to grab it for a song.
    The original grips are hard rubber and just like with Webley autos the replacements were made of wood. I got into a bidding war for a wood set and dropped out at $300 which was more than what I paid for the pistol. Later on I found a set of original hard rubber grips in the Czech Republic. Paid $150 for 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom