• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    The “Gaslight Brothers” even masqueraded as “authors” of their own work of fiction honoring themselves, published just 2 weeks before the “Patriot Picket Arrests” on the night of 5 February 2018.

:wtf:

As a member of the “Magnificent Seven” you barely escaped arrest yourself that night, then escaped back across enemy lines to become the OP in this thread about that night:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=219880

:mdpatriot

DL , you gave one of the best speeches that night . It was a good day/night i was proud to stand with many that night .

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    You are too kind.

While I was indoors talking the talk, you were outdoors with Welder Jr., one week later on that night of 12 February 2018 with 450 of our closest MDS Patriot Friends, Walking the Walk!

To say that the history of PATRIOT PICKET and Mike Miller were intertwined in recent 2A history would be an understatement.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=220067

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    He looked pretty bad today.

Attachments

• Mike_Miller.jpg
      Mike_Miller.jpg
      45.6 KB · Views: 701

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Miller essentially has no principles of his own , and did/ said whatever was in his political interest at the moment .

Believe it or not , back in 1972 , the young Mike Miller was PRO- Gun . Back then his District was more rural and conservative , and that's what they wanted to hear .

In recent decades , as Senate Prez , his unending mission was to block All Pro Gun legislation .

The frightening thing about today , is that that is a comparitively not that bad thing

Added - As patriarch of the 100 year plus Miller Family Empire of Businesses and real estate holdings , he isn't impoverished by lack of Senate salary .

ihriec

Aug 10, 2013
    At 16 my son started working at Giant and each and every paycheck they took out union dues even though he was only getting close to minimum wage. He was very upset and did some research on the specific union and found out that most of the union donations went to Mike Miller and Michael Busch. He felt like it was legalized stealing. Needless to say he is not a leftist democrat.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It is possible to declare yourself an Economic Core Member . You would then recieve representation on issues directly relating to the job , but not able to vote in Union elections , hold any office or position , etc .

The local would then have to provide a breakdown of their budget , to include all expenses related to Contract negotiations and enforcement , but excluding lobbying and political expenditures . Often if a local only has a few Core Members , they will simply waive dues instead of having the accountants crunch all the numbers .

The downside is people are human , and Core Members will stand out as internal dissidents . The fear being that if you did need assistance to file a grievance , or defend an unwarranted action by management , the Union would slow walk their support .

My outlook on Unions is facially schizophrenic .

At the bottom level , most Shop Stewards , and almost half of Business Agents legitimately look out for the intrests of the Membership . Above that level , it is predominantly politicians and thieves . It is common for rank & file members to for instance take a boycott list from National , and go out of their way to patronize .

Never say never or always . My late best friend ( his death , not a falling out ) had served as State level Prez for his Union . and as such was scrupulously fair , even handed , and transparent . ( and politically conservative fwiw)

I also knew a Local Secretary/ Treasurer who resigned his position because his moral and christian values would not let him continue to serve in the environment of theft and corruption .

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    I was thinking last session that what was left of Mike Miller didn't look so good. I know his replacement will be worse, because worse is all there can ever be in Maryland. One thing his replacement won't have is four decades of seniority to wield like a weapon, as Miller did in 2013. Here's a research project for the MDS brain trust: find some connection in Miller's ancestry owning slaves, then feed that info to the Demonrat leadership and get his name removed from the building! It would be great if he's still alive to see the signs torn down.

Too bad the poundmetoo movement won’t touch the Dems as he certainly should have been a target of it.

That snake made some big promises to his female constituency if they would come down to his beach house for the day with him.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Today’s Bowie Blade carried Miller’s retirement story. “During my tenure in the Senate of Maryland and my time serving as President, it was the greatest honor of my life, in large part because I have seen the Senate rise above partisan and other differences time and again.” What a guy!

tjaw

Nov 14, 2014
    Monkton, MD.
    Good Riddance...but Get Well...

He WILL be replaced by someone worse

Sure he sucks. But he's an old Dem like Biden. These new zealots invading the Democratic party are a whole new level of evil.

My question: Who are these people voting in someone worse (more of a Progressive) than Miller? 78 years old...really, Mike? Why did you not retire ten years ago to spend more time with your family? (I do hope he gets to spend a long time with his family now.)

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    If there is someone worse to which i would say yes . But if these government yokels keep deciding they want more and more of my freedoms as well as my ass i say let them come for it . It would be easier if they did it all at once instead of a couple cuts a year .
    They will lose in court if they come after everything

The MD General ASSembly are well versed in boiling frogs.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I am not a hatefull person, it will consume you,,, BUT.
    I did carry a lot of "Ill Will" for the 2 Mikes in Annapolis.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    My question: Who are these people voting in someone worse (more of a Progressive) than Miller? 78 years old...really, Mike? Why did you not retire ten years ago to spend more time with your family? (I do hope he gets to spend a long time with his family now.)

A vacancy gets filled by selection by the party of the former occupant with the consent of the governor. Miller waited until after the election so his replacement gets to run as the incumbent. Otherwise, the seat may have really been up for grabs and could have flipped.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    What a douche,, Lord forbid if the constituents picked who represents them !!!

A vacancy gets filled by selection by the party of the former occupant with the consent of the governor. Miller waited until after the election so his replacement gets to run as the incumbent. Otherwise, the seat may have really been up for grabs and could have flipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom