• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OldBay

Apr 26, 2020
    MD
    Hi everyone. New to HQL world here in MD. Never much of an avid shooter, just a .22 plinker here and there since high school (and often dreamed of hunting one day) mainly due to cost and other distractions in life. You know, kids, career, honey-do-list..... Been wanting to get a 9mm handgun for self defense, so finally got the HQL and wow...WTH! it's insane how many hoops one has to jump through in MD! I confess that I haven't paid much attention to the laws and such over the years, but now having experienced the process, I'm all in. I've read up on two ongoing cases that seem monumental, NYSRPA v. NYC and Rogers v Grewal. I just heard about MSI (from this site) and plan to join the good fight.

I would be content to research the litigation and pay a few bucks to support the cause, but I also wanted to join this group because honestly, I don't know a lot of gun owners. I've lived here my entire life and the culture of gun ownership in MD seems to be underground unless you hunt or grow up learning from a family member. No one ever encouraged me to consider owning a firearm, yet I have more than one friend who tried to argue for never owning one. Those conversations never ended well. I want my family to be educated and responsible, so bought each of my boys .22s and started to teach them about ownership, gun safety, and 2A rights. I got my wife onboard, she also got her HQL and bought a 9mm.

So thanks for having this site. Been a guest reader for a few weeks and glad to be here. I've learned alot from reading your posts already!

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Welcome !

You didn't mention your general location , but after the Zombie Apocalypse , be sure to come out to an MDS gathering, MSI meeting, PP event , Hooligan gathering , or Gun Show ( which will probably have an MSI booth ) , and you can meet a bunch of kindred spirits in person .

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from PA![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Thank you for having the courtesy to introduce yourself.
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Take a look at these helpful links – LOTS of amazing info!

FORUM RULES
    [/FONT]Rules are written in the stone, Break the rules and you get no bones, all you get is ridicule, laughter, a shine box, and a trip to the house of pain.
    [FONT=&quot]
    Range Etiquette and Staying Safe

Admin News and Announcements

Gun Rights and Legislation

Industry Partners

MD Shooters Firearms Map

Acronym list[/FONT]

HarryLogan

HarryLogan, also known as MesWoore
    Jan 16, 2020
    Welcome from Baltimore County. I hope to meet you and a many others at MSI and MSRPA events.

johnkorz

Feb 25, 2013
    Savage
    I highly recommend you join MSI. I am an executive member and donate to the group throughout the year. I am also a NRA life member and instructor however, I am sending my money to the Second Amendment Foundation. I cannot recall the last time the NRA did a dam thing to help us in MD. My complaints will be over soon because I will be returning home to the Republic of Texas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom