• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • treadhead88

Panzerfahrer
    Jun 20, 2009
    Cecil Co.
    I hope I posted this in the correct area as I didn't see one for modern ammo just black powder.

I have a crate of ammo that I believe is 8mm, but can't remember exactly what it is.
    I have done some interwebs searching, and believe it is Romanian but not sure.
    If anyone has any knowledge and would like to share that knowledge, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Yes, it has the can opener in the crate.
    I may be looking to sell it.
    Thanks!!

Attachments

• 20200415_154153.jpg
      20200415_154153.jpg
      85.5 KB · Views: 387
    • 20200416_110104.jpg
      20200416_110104.jpg
      100.8 KB · Views: 356
    • 20200416_110018.jpg
      20200416_110018.jpg
      83.1 KB · Views: 363

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    It is Romanian.
    I have an Aim Surplus Invoice Oct 13 2003 380 can for $59.95
    Yours are loaded on chargers.

Well it's worth $189.89 + S&H is the last listed price I could find before it went out of stock.
    I wouldn't sell any of mine for less than $175 a can now and I bought mine before you :)
    Guess 17 years makes a difference LOL
    https://www.gunwinner.com/content/8mm-mauser-romanian-154gr-fmj-surplus-ammo-clips-340rd-sealed-tin

It was never worthless. It was always sure fire and in many of the Yugo M48 Mausers that would get heavy bolt lift after firing other surplus ammo the Romanian steel case seemed to alleviate that problem.
    It is suspected the Romanian 8mm is loaded on the light side and seemed to give a little less felt recoil.
    My only problem with it was the smell from the burnt powder ….it's kinda foul.
    Short of that it's pretty decent 8mm surplus ammo IMHO and I still have two full wooden crates in my stash (not for sale).

treadhead88

Panzerfahrer
    Jun 20, 2009
    Cecil Co.
    Well it's worth $189.89 + S&H is the last listed price I could find before it went out of stock.
    I wouldn't sell any of mine for less than $175 a can now and I bought mine before you :)
    Guess 17 years makes a difference LOL
    https://www.gunwinner.com/content/8mm-mauser-romanian-154gr-fmj-surplus-ammo-clips-340rd-sealed-tin

It was never worthless. It was always sure fire and in many of the Yugo M48 Mausers that would get heavy bolt lift after firing other surplus ammo the Romanian steel case seemed to alleviate that problem.
    It is suspected the Romanian 8mm is loaded on the light side and seemed to give a little less felt recoil.
    My only problem with it was the smell from the burnt powder ….it's kinda foul.
    Short of that it's pretty decent 8mm surplus ammo IMHO and I still have two full wooden crates in my stash (not for sale).
    Thanks for the information, it's appreciated!!

treadhead88

Panzerfahrer
    Jun 20, 2009
    Cecil Co.
    I want to thank everyone for all of the input about the ammo!!

As it turns out, one of the members here that I have dealt with before contacted me via text message and made an offer for the crate, and a deal was struck, a little sooner than I had planned on trying to move it, but, both parties seemed to be happy with the outcome.

Again, thank you for all of the information and input.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I want to thank everyone for all of the input about the ammo!!

As it turns out, one of the members here that I have dealt with before contacted me via text message and made an offer for the crate, and a deal was struck, a little sooner than I had planned on trying to move it, but, both parties seemed to be happy with the outcome.

Again, thank you for all of the information and input.

:shocked:

Yes, it's kinda dirty, but, shoots pretty darned well.
    A friend of mine got some 7" groups at 600 yards, at the range he shoots at, in Delaware, with this stuff, with his dou 42.

Several years ago, I bought several cases of the Romanian 7.92x57mm in sealed cans, for $65.00 per case.
    Due to shipping weight/charges, the vendor removed the "spam cans" from the wooden crates, and packaged in cardboard boxes.

The guy that drives the Brown delivery truck HATED me!!!!!!!

:)

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep."

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Just remember that it’s corrosive (‘mildly’) and treat it as such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom