• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The color that arrived in the store, was not what was supposedly ordered. Though it was a few shades off, there's names for the different shades, and the shade I was told, did not arrive.

I'm assuming you mean they offer FDE1, FDE2, FDE3, etc. You ordered FDE1 and got FDE3.
    In that case, yes, you are totally justified in your complaint. On the other hand, if you completed paperwork and took it home knowing the color was wrong, all bets are off.

ETA- I don't have a dog in this fight, just want to get all the facts.

MocoJed

Nov 16, 2015
    Loco Moco
    No love in this thread yet for 2A Sales? Mark and the boys are first rate. I'd drive past a dozen shops to spend my $$ there.

The only problem with 2A is that they are too attentive, such that I always end up with a two fer... one planned, one impulse. Great guys though and yes, totally agree with the comments about the shops have to deal with some seriously shady characters, been there, seen that first hand.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Transfering firearms is a pretty intimate experience, and the OP and IP's firt date sounds like it was rough. They both brought baggage from that into their second. I can't imagine the third would go any better. It doesn't mean either are bad people, but maybe they just aren't good for each other right now. I'd encourage the OP let things with this particular IP cool off a little bit. Date around, see who else is out there and how the game works. As you get more experienced, you might learn how to make things work with the IP, or you might find someone else that you just naturally work with better from day one. When you eventually find a keeper, keep her ;)

Fonzy

Jun 9, 2018
    I'm assuming you mean they offer FDE1, FDE2, FDE3, etc. You ordered FDE1 and got FDE3.
    In that case, yes, you are totally justified in your complaint. On the other hand, if you completed paperwork and took it home knowing the color was wrong, all bets are off.

ETA- I don't have a dog in this fight, just want to get all the facts.

I own up to taking the rifle when I shouldn't have (after learning how everything works). As I stated earlier, I'm new at all this and didn't know any better. I assumed it was the manufacturers version of FDE, but after I reached out to them about some accessories that match, that's when I found out about everything. And I was in fact, sold the wrong color as told by the store. I could have lived with that, had the owner been on the same page with me about the entire situation, and shared some of the fault. Live and learn.

Fonzy

Jun 9, 2018
    The only problem with 2A is that they are too attentive, such that I always end up with a two fer... one planned, one impulse. Great guys though and yes, totally agree with the comments about the shops have to deal with some seriously shady characters, been there, seen that first hand.

I will have to make a trip to this store. Sounds like a nice place.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I’m really sad to hear about your bad GymRatz experience. I’ve never used them due to distance but they have a top notch reputation and killer prices!

Go see Greg at A1Uniform. Although he doesn’t have a cool shop dog the death metal, hazelnut coffee, and service make up for it. Cynthia’s cuteness fixes Greg’s beard.

I had him order me a gun today and his business partner made me 8 shirts the other day that i couldn’t be happier with!!!

I've made the drive form Annapolis to Gymratz twice now. Both times they were extremely busy and both times I received great service.

Not that they need it but I really wanted to plug a recent visit to United. Not only are their prices great but they are truly nice people. While I was there an older gentleman who appeared to be mentally impaired came in. He talked to everyone in the store and then went to the counter where one of the United staff members gave him a gun sticker. Apparently the older guy has been coming there every week for years and they give him a new sticker every time. It really made the nice old guys day and he was smiling when he left. They don't have to do that for him but they do. People like that are why I will drive 45 minutes away to spend my money.

Fonzy

Jun 9, 2018
    I’m really sad to hear about your bad GymRatz experience. I’ve never used them due to distance but they have a top notch reputation and killer prices!

Go see Greg at A1Uniform. Although he doesn’t have a cool shop dog the death metal, hazelnut coffee, and service make up for it. Cynthia’s cuteness fixes Greg’s beard.

I had him order me a gun today and his business partner made me 8 shirts the other day that i couldn’t be happier with!!!

I will certainly check them out! I'm bummed about GR, they're very close, and I would love to support my local business.

I own up to taking the rifle when I shouldn't have (after learning how everything works). As I stated earlier, I'm new at all this and didn't know any better. I assumed it was the manufacturers version of FDE, but after I reached out to them about some accessories that match, that's when I found out about everything. And I was in fact, sold the wrong color as told by the store. I could have lived with that, had the owner been on the same page with me about the entire situation, and shared some of the fault. Live and learn.

Contact the manufacturer and see if they will swap the furniture for you. If it was a >$1000 firearm, they will likely be attentive.

Fonzy

Jun 9, 2018
    Contact the manufacturer and see if they will swap the furniture for you. If it was a >$1000 firearm, they will likely be attentive.

They don't offer furniture in the color I received. I suppose it's worth a try, but I couldn't imagine a company making one set of furniture, even though the price was over $1000 for the rifle.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I will certainly check them out! I'm bummed about GR, they're very close, and I would love to support my local business.

Greg deals with ******* cops (me) all day so have thick skin and a sense of humor but he’s a great dude! Plus they are one of the few shops that gets lots of police trade ins!

That jelly mold on the counter is a titty implant and he has a ton of cool C&R stuff on display.

Did i mention they have 2 laser engravers and can laser engrave while you wait(appointments preferred on this though just to ensure his business partner is there).

He’s a LWRC dealer too.

I know a sheriff who showed me his LWRC that thing was nice!!!!

Fonzy

Jun 9, 2018
    Greg deals with ******* cops (me) all day so have thick skin and a sense of humor but he’s a great dude! Plus they are one of the few shops that gets lots of police trade ins!

That jelly mold on the counter is a titty implant and he has a ton of cool C&R stuff on display.

Did i mention they have 2 laser engravers and can laser engrave while you wait(appointments preferred on this though just to ensure his business partner is there).

He’s a LWRC dealer too.

I know a sheriff who showed me his LWRC that thing was nice!!!!

Haha, that place sounds awesome!! Thanks for letting me know!

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    They don't offer furniture in the color I received. I suppose it's worth a try, but I couldn't imagine a company making one set of furniture, even though the price was over $1000 for the rifle.

I believe he meant call the manufacturer and ask them if they’ll trade the handrails, stock, and pistol grip (furniture) for the color you wanted to begin with. Then you could buy whatever that color is in whatever accessories you want.

I don’t know GymRatz. Never bought a gun from them. Never even had a conversation with them. I see the comments from everyone on here with overwhelmingly positive reviews.

My suggestion to you Fonzy, rather than swapping all the furniture is just sell the gun. I’m sure you could get close to what you paid for it. It’s obviously, to me at least, you’re never going to be happy with that gun.

Forget about that bad experience, and the gun, and find elsewhere to buy your guns in the future. My .02

When I say furniture, I mean: handguard, stock and grip.
    Let them know about the mixup with your FFL (use that phrase) and tell them your intent was to accessorize with matching factory equipment. If you offer, up front, to return the handguard, stock and grip to them in NIB condition ask if they would swap the equipment for the color they offer accessories for. Make sure to include the model and serial number as well as the FFL you bought it from. They will probably work with you.
    Hindsight 20/20, had you or GymRatz had the forethought (not blaming either party) to do this before finalizing paperwork and taking possession, this would have been a hell of a lot easier.

FWIW- This hobby is all about learning. You have been polite and professional with all of us asking you a ton of questions, and didn't come out of the chute bashing a FFL- thus we are more than happy to assist you. A metric shit ton of newbies could learn a lot by presenting their case as you have.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Transfering firearms is a pretty intimate experience, and the OP and IP's firt date sounds like it was rough. They both brought baggage from that into their second. I can't imagine the third would go any better. It doesn't mean either are bad people, but maybe they just aren't good for each other right now. I'd encourage the OP let things with this particular IP cool off a little bit. Date around, see who else is out there and how the game works. As you get more experienced, you might learn how to make things work with the IP, or you might find someone else that you just naturally work with better from day one. When you eventually find a keeper, keep her ;)

The Ann Landers of MdShooters. LOL

Ronan

3D Printing Guru
    Jul 30, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    i can't remember the last time i didn't have someone wanting to give me a form to fill out when i walked up and made eye contact with a clerk and said i want to buy something. then again, i am always clean shaven, no tattoos, and cleanly dressed. maybe you approached the people like someone that isn't trying to drop some money that day. if you start your statements with "i want to buy" you generally get a salesman on you until you state otherwise.

That's a very good way not to make a sale. I'll always remember the guy that walked into the BMW dealership in regular tshirt and jeans (both not super clean). BMW reps couldn't give him the light of day.

He went back there a few days after with a loaded Benz he paid cash for. Told them never to judge a book by its cover, he had just stopped off from work, was tired of his daily driver and wanted to buy a new one. That guy owns a large contractor business, makes millions every years. Very good family friend. Our circle made a point never to shop at that dealership in NY.

I'll remember it and i apply it every time i meet people. Plenty of 'doppy' looking people that are very well off and very smart.

Our largest customer in 2017 was a very... 'hoboish' Indian. Turned out to be the owner of a large architectural firm located in LA and in New Dehli. I did not know who he was going in the meeting since he had 'hoped' into a meeting i was having with a customer. Imagine if i treated him the way he looked...

SigDog

Feb 11, 2013
    West Virginia
    From someone that has worked in the business, if you ever had to deal with the public that comes through the doors of a gun shop during an eight hour shift, you may not be the friendliest clerk every minute of every day either.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    That's a very good way not to make a sale. I'll always remember the guy that walked into the BMW dealership in regular tshirt and jeans (both not super clean). BMW reps couldn't give him the light of day.

He went back there a few days after with a loaded Benz he paid cash for. Told them never to judge a book by its cover, he had just stopped off from work, was tired of his daily driver and wanted to buy a new one. That guy owns a large contractor business, makes millions every years. Very good family friend. Our circle made a point never to shop at that dealership in NY.

I'll remember it and i apply it every time i meet people. Plenty of 'doppy' looking people that are very well off and very smart.

Our largest customer in 2017 was a very... 'hoboish' Indian. Turned out to be the owner of a large architectural firm located in LA and in New Dehli. I did not know who he was going in the meeting since he had 'hoped' into a meeting i was having with a customer. Imagine if i treated him the way he looked...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This.

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    if you can't or don't want to switch out the furniture maybe consider hydro dipping it or other coating to match what you wanted.

Ronan

3D Printing Guru
    Jul 30, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    From someone that has worked in the business, if you ever had to deal with the public that comes through the doors of a gun shop during an eight hour shift, you may not be the friendliest clerk every minute of every day either.

Change industry. From the online reviews, it seems it's most of the day they aren't the friendliest anyway.

I did not like my previous job, it made me a grumpy person. I changed job. Wasn't easy, but when ever is it? ☺️

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom